TPS adjustment

full_thr0ttle

Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
can anybody tell me how to test and adjust the TPS on a 7M-GTE? i read through a couple threads about this but this will be my first time doing it and im unfamiliar with the process..

Im getting codes 14 and 51 and i dont think 51 is refering to my a/c which is why i want to check the TPS.. is it possible that code 14 could be reflecting the problem with code 51?

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
full_thr0ttle;1075616 said:
can anybody tell me how to test and adjust the TPS on a 7M-GTE? i read through a couple threads about this but this will be my first time doing it and im unfamiliar with the process..

Im getting codes 14 and 51 and i dont think 51 is refering to my a/c which is why i want to check the TPS.. is it possible that code 14 could be reflecting the problem with code 51?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=101

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
full_thr0ttle;1075637 said:
yea i read through that once but i dont quite understand it.. i dont know what the stop screw and stop lever are

get a flashlight and look at were the throtle cable goes around the thing on side of TB and you will see a screew and were it hit the TB when closed when you open tb it moves away... so if you move it by hand and look you will see....