Toyota recall

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Oh, but they did recall our Supras...

They called it "Cash for clunkers", and some owners fell for it!

KORYTOYORTA

Certified
Apr 10, 2008
OXNARD CA
You kow what pisses me off the most abut the recall?

All the people saying they are never going to buy a toyota again. Ok so you are not going to buy a toyota because they had a problem, by buying a ford or gm that has a reputation of building non-reliable problem cars. Ok good luck with that one.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
KORYTOYORTA;1510173 said:

All the people saying they are never going to buy a toyota again. Ok so you are not going to buy a toyota because they had a problem, by buying a ford or gm that has a reputation of building non-reliable problem cars. Ok good luck with that one.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm sure in a few years a big recall will hit another company, and people will scurry back to Toyota, and the cycle will continue.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
KORYTOYORTA;1510173 said:

It seems everyone has some sort of brand loyalty in the automotive market...However, to simply say one manufacturer is better than another, or that one manufacturer builds only un-reliable cars is just ignorant. It is an imperfect world we live in, and the the engineers that design theses cars as well as the technicians that build and service them are also imperfect. It irritates me as well when people say they will never buy from a given manufacturer because of some problem they have had with an automobile they bought from that manufacturer.

That said, Toyota's most recent recall does seem pretty ridiculous to me. The throttle pedal sticking to the floor mat, really? That isn't just one of those problems you would never think could happen. It seems like that would be a very basic design consideration. I suppose though, it could have happened to any automotive manufacturer, not just Toyota.

Oh, and to the OP. Good luck getting your 7M recalled.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I have only ever seen 2 pedals actually hang up during testing.
A 2006 4Runner with 3-4" of floormat material, here's what it had: factory carpet-towel - factory carpet floormat - towel - factory all weather floormat - towel - aftermarket floormat - towel - carpet tile - towel. They were full sized bath towels, too. Really, did ya think it was going to work like factory with all that crap in there??!
Also a 2008 Camry Hybrid. They had aftermarket all-weather floormats that were NOT cut and after 10-15 pedal cycles the floormat caught on the pedal and hung it at 50%. They wanted a NEW CAR because Toyota didn't plan for the aftermarket floormat clearance issue! WTF??!!?! Who comes up with that crap? Really, who? What world did you grow up in?
Yes, I vote stupid, ridiculous recall indeed. /rant

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
my friend worked at a Toyota dealer ship and he said that his dealership did these repairs about a yr or two ago before it became a big issue to the public. LOL There are many different recalls for many different manufactures. Its a circle of heat everyone has to deal with eventually.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ya i worked at toyota and they had a recall well before this and it was shorter floor mats.

i just think it stupid that people are getting in accidents over this and obviously they should not have a driver license if there car keeps going and they cannot move there foot 3in to hit the brake.