Toyota Prius Recall!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
naa, its getting recalled cause the oil companies wont have a reason to raise gas if every vehical gets 60mpg.

L

lanky189

D34DC311 said:
naa, its getting recalled cause the oil companies wont have a reason to raise gas if every vehical gets 60mpg.

dead, i love ya like a brother man, but do we hafta hear about oil companies and gas prices constantly? it's bad enough that the first hour of my 8 huor shift goes directly to my gas tank, and that every news station is constantly talking and reminding me of it...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lanky189 said:
dead, i love ya like a brother man, but do we hafta hear about oil companies and gas prices constantly? it's bad enough that the first hour of my 8 huor shift goes directly to my gas tank, and that every news station is constantly talking and reminding me of it...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

lol
it was a joke, the smile i see didnt end up getting put in the post,
im done with anything that might start up fires, i stear clear of those topics.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's because the engine will occasionally stall. They need a software update, and water proofing grease on some of the electrical connections. No big deal. Nobody has been hurt yet because all the cars it happened to pulled to the side of the road under electrical power.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
dirgle said:
It's because the engine will occasionally stall. They need a software update, and water proofing grease on some of the electrical connections. No big deal. Nobody has been hurt yet because all the cars it happened to pulled to the side of the road under electrical power.

so its not a brigestone screw up huh?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
ToyotaNation.com said:
Announced on Thursday Toyota is recalling 75,000 Prius Hybirds. It is related to the problem that the vehicle's engine can stall due to an electrical problem.

This had been brought up few times by our members in the Prius Forum, which their Prius stalled on the highway.

Toyota will fix this problem by doing a software upgrade on the vehicle's computer.

All owners will be notified and there are no fees involved.
Prius Recall on Yahoo News

Apr 17, 2005
Lafayette, IN
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/10/14...reut/index.html

Prius has a problem, says Toyota
Hybrid owners to be notified of stalling glitch on '04 and '05 models; no recall issued.

October 14, 2005; Posted: 6:36 a.m. EDT (1036 GMT)

DETROIT (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said Thursday it will notify about 160,000 Prius owners around the world about a potential software problem that may cause the popular hybrid cars to suddenly stall or shut down.

Japan's top auto maker said the fault may cause warning lights in the cars to illuminate. That can prompt the vehicles to enter a "fail safe" mode that may cause their gasoline engines to stall.

Hybrid vehicles twin a gasoline engine with an electric motor and batteries to boost fuel economy.

Toyota spokeswoman Allison Takahashi said that, if the gasoline engine stalls, the electric motor will have enough power to allow the driver to pull the vehicle over and away from the traffic.

The vehicles involved in the Toyota service action are from the 2004 and 2005 model years. About 75,000 of them are in the United States and 70,000 in Japan.

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had received a number of complaints about the hybrid vehicles stalling or stopping unexpectedly, often on highways.

Toyota will be sending out letters asking customers to take the cars to a dealership for free repairs, Takahashi said.

No recall notice has been issued, she added.

Toyota sold 53,991 Prius cars in 2004 and 81,042 so far this year. There is usually a waiting list to buy the vehicle, which have the second-highest government mileage ratings of any passenger vehicles.