Toyota is CRAZY!!!

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I just got back from the dealer because i wanted a couple new parts for my supra. A new 91 steering wheel with no airbag is almost $900. The retractable cover in the hatch area is almost $350. One of the rear window moldings is almost $140. I want new parts but toyota is killing me with these prices :(

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
I've always wondered: do they still have this stuff in stock from years and years ago? Or, what I think is that they still have the molds and blueprints and stuff and then they actually have to special order/make these parts. If the latter is the case than no wonder it's so expensive.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
i live right next to the biggest toyota dealership in canada and they have to order in most of it other than the really trivial stuff

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
it is all stock sitting around in their warehouse since the 80s...that should explain the price. With that said, champion toyota is by far the best place to buy parts from....even if you live in Canada.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
actually like stated above these parts are already made and stored in warehouses. If you order by 2pm here at my local toyota you get it the next day

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Not all parts for old cars are old parts that have been sitting, parts are still manufactured for some things.

As for the prices, suck it up and just buy them, don't worry about it.

That's what I do.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprajjang said:
I just got back from the dealer because i wanted a couple new parts for my supra. A new 91 steering wheel with no airbag is almost $900. The retractable cover in the hatch area is almost $350. One of the rear window moldings is almost $140. I want new parts but toyota is killing me with these prices :(

you can get your steering wheel recovered. comes back like bran new.
check out american stitches.com.