Towing a MK3 accross the country??

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I may have missed it, but is the truck a necessity for work? If not, I would suggest getting an economy car of some sort for the daily driver. 20mpg is optimistic for most trucks, depending on your driving habits/environment. However, if a truck is required, I would HIGHLY recommend an early 90's Dodge with the diesel/manual. About the best combination you can get for reasonably cheap, and while they're not a Benz, they do hold up pretty nicely...

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chaingun;1844392 said:
quite a ways away but i emailed for pics, worst part about vehicles up here is the rust blech don't wanna buy another rust bucket

True about the rust but at least it's not across the country.

te72;1844395 said:
I may have missed it, but is the truck a necessity for work? If not, I would suggest getting an economy car of some sort for the daily driver. 20mpg is optimistic for most trucks, depending on your driving habits/environment. However, if a truck is required, I would HIGHLY recommend an early 90's Dodge with the diesel/manual. About the best combination you can get for reasonably cheap, and while they're not a Benz, they do hold up pretty nicely...

He wanted it for towing capabilities.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
I've settled on a mid to late 90's tahoe, found quite a few up here that are in great shape and the get about 17 highway stock so it should work well for me

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Chaingun;1846727 said:
I've settled on a mid to late 90's tahoe, found quite a few up here that are in great shape and the get about 17 highway stock so it should work well for me
I agree with TrqMnstr, they're good trucks for what they are. Known a couple people who have had them, and while they're certainly not a Benz or something like that, they do good at what you need them for. :)

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Well, my dd died on my and of course the supra being a supra is not road worthy at the moment, I'm referring to it as my garage ornament right now lol. This made it necessary to move up my purchase of a new vehicle to ASAP. I was driving around wondering what to do and where i was gonna find a decent car/truck/suv for a reasonable price and i came across this beautytahoe.jpg 186k dealer maintained no rust and i live in new york lol just needs a bit of a tune up. Not being 4wd season up here they let it go for 3000 but it books a hell of a lot higher than that.