totalled my Xterra

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
yep , I F-ing totalled my Xterra SE S/C the sunday before thanksgiving , an I had only owed 1900 on it left ,,, ha ..

mine an 2 other SUV's were totaled ,

was knocked out an spent the night in the hospital ...

an to top it off the chief EMS that responded to it dropped dead from a heart attact when he stepped out of his car ...

it was all jacked up ....

13500 is wat I got fr the xterra, minus the 2K i owed an the grand for the deductable, so , I ended up with 10450...

time to save a little bit of cash an use that also for a land rover sport .... superchaged... looking at a 07 08 maybe ... an wanna get some 22's for it !!

have some pix if anyone wants to see the damage of all the SUV's ...

WILL

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
it was sunday night,

after watching some football I thought I would go to dairy queen for a blizzard before unwinding for bed since I had to go to work the next day, mind you i was sober ... well never made it to dairy queen,

there was this suburban that ran out of gas on the highway an the fucker just left it on the bridge an walked to the gas station ... I know its a bigger SUV but an decent size guy can push a vehical off the road on flat ground ,, yea the fucker left it in the middle of the raod ,..

I was in the passing lane , behind this slow ass .. an when I went to move to the slower lane ,, pow, there it was ... when I hit my breakes, the pontiac reared me an I then plowed into the parked suburban on rt 837.....

http://www.wpxi.com/news/21694601/detail.html?taf=burg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Glad your alright, and it sucks you were that close to paying it off :cry: You were almost in the clear with out any car payment!!

To lighten the subject, you tough that guy who ran out of gas a lesion that he will never forget. LOOK AT YOUR F***ING FUEL GAUGE! If the low gas light is on that doesn't mean you have a full tank of gas, it means your tank is empty, dumb ass!. It will probably be the last time he ever runs out of gas again. :rofl:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WOW who the fuck leaves a car in the middle of the road...ugg, glad your ass is ok will. At least you got cash for the car.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Ive only heard from one landrover owner, my cousin, and hers was greatat first and thought it was a steal, but it turns out they spent close to its original cost in maintenance to keep it going.

How are ya feeling Will? No broken bones or nothing?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
glad your alright! had a small wreck myself tonight... with absolutely no damage to my silverado and a totaled plymouth voyager taxi. i stopped for the light....he did not shoved me through the intersection (on ice) my hitch receiver punched through his radiator and cracked his engine! left a little scratch in the ball on my hitch. good thing i had that 15" extension on it! had to pull the pin on the hitch to separate the two.

id spend 1000 of that ins check on a beater car and live pmt free for a while, put you pymt in the savings accnt till you can walk in and buy with cash.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
92nsx;1465235 said:
Glad your alright, and it sucks you were that close to paying it off :cry: You were almost in the clear with out any car payment!!

To lighten the subject, you tough that guy who ran out of gas a lesion that he will never forget. LOOK AT YOUR F***ING FUEL GAUGE! If the low gas light is on that doesn't mean you have a full tank of gas, it means your tank is empty, dumb ass!. It will probably be the last time he ever runs out of gas again. :rofl:

Gas gauge was probably broken like most older Chevys. I ran out of gas quite a few times when I had a 98 Blazer.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
FullNelson;1465395 said:
Ive only heard from one landrover owner, my cousin, and hers was greatat first and thought it was a steal, but it turns out they spent close to its original cost in maintenance to keep it going.

How are ya feeling Will? No broken bones or nothing?

nothing broken,

just a few bruises ... cops said they have a month to investigate an decide if any citations will be given out , crossing my fingers they dont wanna put anything on me ...