tooning my car..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
so far:

supratoonnk7.jpg

Decided to toon my car again, as I have changed quite a few things since the last time I tooned it...

oldtoonfd6.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I'd love to Raz, but I don't have access to photosho right now. MY ex has to pack it up and send it to me STILL. I hope to have it back within 2 weeks, and can do it then

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
GrimJack;1125386 said:
Pack up photoshop? Or the computer it's on?

Too bad you folks don't do this in Illustrator... then I could make embroidery patterns out of 'em super easily.

I could make one up. There are so many tricks out there to get a smooth vector image with paths. I'm surprised no one ahs done it and jsut using photoshop:3d_frown: but it's all personal preference and what your going for in the outcome.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Actually, I use vector based images all the time - all the logos in the lumiblue theme were done that way. I use Corel Draw instead of Adobe Illustrator, but both packages are equally powerful, they are just different in how you access the functionality.

The pen tool is easy, it's just different. Too many people try to DRAW with it, and that's not what it's for. Pick a line that you want to duplicate that has a smooth curve to it, and draw a STRAIGHT line from the start point to the end point. Then transform the line to a curve, and drag the center of the line to match the curve of the picture you are duplicating.

I could likely do up a tutorial if there was enough interest...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
could you?

I know you have to add points and then drag those to get the shape, but it seriously confused the shit out of me (haven't tried it since college, when I got an F in Illustrator, but an A+ in photoshop.:D )

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
I don't want to stray from the topic that much, but how did you guys learn to do it? Did you take classes, learned by just playing around in the program, with tutorials, something else?

I can do the basics in Photoshop, but I'd like to do more. The toons look great, BTW.