Tookwik's 7M-GTE COP ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

ut89supra

Feb 6, 2008
Texas Fort Hood
williamb82;1248911 said:
anyone know the exact years of the is300 that had vvti? i need to know so i can start searching junkyard sites online. thanks. i went through the whole thread and never saw it posted once.

Mine are off of a 2003

Last edited:

cheefer60

Dec 31, 2008
tucson,az
ive gotten the coils,but the fun thing is trying to find the pigtails that plug into the coil.called my local toyota dealer and they will only sell the whole harness.n e ideas.junkyards i am having no luck

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
cheefer60;1284217 said:
ive gotten the coils,but the fun thing is trying to find the pigtails that plug into the coil.called my local toyota dealer and they will only sell the whole harness.n e ideas.junkyards i am having no luck

90980-11246....the other #'s for the PIN's are further back in the thread.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
cheefer60;1286210 said:
does the 7m wiring have 1 terminal wire?thats why you have to order 2 of them?

no, the gte pigtail has 3. the 1/6 connector will reach the coil on #1. the other 2, have to be extended to reach the 2/5 & 3/4.

everything you need to know is on the 1st page or 2 of this thread!!!

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Can anyone tell me the wire color for an 88 coil harness? I chopped mine apart to extend the wires, and have now stupidly forgotten which wire goes to which coil. Obviously there is a common wire (tan on my harness), so I need to know which coil the other wires go to. I looked though the TSRM and couldn't find it, unless theres somewhere else to look in there?

Also, I looked on here: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=040 and it shows wire colors, but this is for an 89, so my 88 would be different.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
figured it out. looking at the coil harness (not the wiring harness):

(Clip)
[G][T]
[W]

[T]=tan, which is the common wire

coil for 1,6: [T]
coil for 3,4: [G][T]
coil for 2,5: [W][T]

Also, if you want to build a new harness, check this out (reposted from a thread in the electrical section): http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Waterproof_Connectors/SM-MT/sm-mt.html

It looks like the 4P090WP-MT is the same as the stock coil harness connector, but double check for yourself (ie, don't blame me if you buy it and it doesn't fit).

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
this might have been stated earlyer but on the wiring note do you have to wire the new coils and diffrent the the stock ones. esentialy all you are doing is extending the wiring harness to fit the new coils
sorry in advance if this was all ready answered jut got my car back and iv been in the fourms for a few hour reading and i dont feel like reading this treads ever post

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
supramic;1391417 said:
this might have been stated earlyer but on the wiring note do you have to wire the new coils and diffrent the the stock ones. esentialy all you are doing is extending the wiring harness to fit the new coils
sorry in advance if this was all ready answered jut got my car back and iv been in the fourms for a few hour reading and i dont feel like reading this treads ever post
You got it , it's that easy.