Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I just set the turbo in last night, so I have to make intercooler piping on the hot side, lengthen my down pipe, change oil, drill hole on cold side for temp sensor, and a few other things to do, plus whatever comes up once running. I think I will have it running, but probably not to the track til at least next weekend, I wont get it running and go straight to racing, If it drives well this week, I will run it next Sat probably.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
tookwik4u89 said:
LMAO....Kinda started as a boat anchor, too much angle, I chopped out some of the center, and welded back together. Now seems ok, only ~1/2
" from strut tower, hopefully it won't hit. BTW I got your addy, your I/C is on the way, actually in my trunk, It will be dropped off on my way home from work. THANKS Jon!

The angle was dependant on the measurements you gave me.
:icon_conf:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Very true....however I gave you measurements of 66mm and 38mm , and I got 72/30, therefore too much angle, I was bummed but sure it was a simple misunderstanding, and I had access to a welder so I took care of it. Also had to drill out holes and divider didnt line up so it took a bit of work. Welding was very good.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Car is running, I'm loving the Maft Pro and the ball bearing turbo. Only running 12psi cuz I didnt have enough 3" t-bolt clamps, and the worm gear clamps blow off with a quickness around 18psi. Pulls great, runs smooth, AFR's right where I want them. I swear it jumps harder with the FFI off the line, before the boost kicks in. Ron R if you read this, I love the manifold, never got to deal with you because I bought it off Mark (rakkasan), but your work is awesome. Now for pics!!:bling:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
p347055_1.jpg

p347055_2.jpg

p347055_3.jpg

p347055_4.jpg

p347055_5.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Mark...Thanks, the FFIM went to a good cause!

Steve, smokey....thanks!

MDC...Did the 12v mod so dont have resistor or relay, harness is tucked down in fender well.

IJ...Lol , I used to consider myself anti- bling, I couldnt stand the paint, so scratched from turbos in and out, once that looked so good, it was hard to put any shitty looking parts back in, I'm proud to say I dont spend too much for just bling, people keep saying the chrome looks so good, actually every piece is aluminum sanded down and polished, except for 1 piece, besides some bolt caps, & t-bolt clamps. Dont start with the bling its addicting.

rot90....what you no like my rims? I like black with the red, prob gonna pick up some weld drag lites for the track, and some diff street rims in the spring, black w/ polished lip or gunmetal. Maybe powdercoat the ones on it now.

supra8795....really hoping to be at Byron saturday weather and schedule permitting, I can't wait and I'm ready, new helmet and all!

Last edited:

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Whats funny bout bryon is that i ran a 12.8 a couple weeks ago and they never asked me to put my helmet on even though i had it with me. But anyways defenitly let me know if you can make it to byron and ill go fo sure.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Watching the weather and hoping t-bolt clamps come early tomorrow!

Got the D/R's on, new helmet, 5 gallons of CAM2.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease God don't let it rain.

p351036_1.jpg