Took my Supra Road Racing

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Last weekend I took my 7M supra to Willow Springs raceway. It was my first time on the track. I think I did pretty well and I learned a lot. I did not have any big problems but I did keep loosing coolant, it kept boiling out of the overflow and I had to keep filling it up. My supra was all stock (stock intake and exhaust).

I passed: Miata, STI, Camaro SS, 240sx
Passed by: fast Miata, Evo, GTI, Corvette, others.

Here's a video my friend took of me. After the video I pit and then do one more run. Here's a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6eDqPqVc_U

Here are some pictures I took, my friend also took some pictures of me in action, maybe I can get those and post them soon.

Supra%20Track%20009.JPG

Supra%20Track%20010.JPG

Supra%20Track%20011.JPG

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
nice pics! i wish there was a road course closer to me so i could have a go at it.

i cant wait to see the vid once i get home from work, even if you had an epileptic camera man :p

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
agreed. id rather be at home driving my own but i guess SM at work will do for now, until it is time to go back into the refinery anyways :(

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
The suspension is all stock, pretty much. I got a junkyard stock in the front driver, KYB GR2s in the front pass and rear driver, and then i have a partially blowing shock in the rear pass (so I found out after the track)

Oh, also, that was my friends camera, I don't have one. Also, its really compressed because my other friend had to do it and then You Tube compresses it even more. I'll try to upload a better quality video later.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
If you had a better suspension, you'd be passing up cars left and right. Suspension is the single most important factor in road racing.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Not bad for a mostly stock MkIII.
A friend at work was out at Willow Springs last year with his Z club. They ran the road course. But they had a pro in the car with them and only one car on the track. He said it was a blast..........