TomTom Icon

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, I noticed with the newer patch to my TomTom that it had new car icons instead of just the arrow.

So, being curious, I looked into it, and using the toon cars from here, you can make your own supra icon!

It's a BMP, and if you go into your TomTom manually, put it in the art\cars folder.

Doubt this is gonna get tons of hits being in this part of the forums... but it is the right place.

Anyways, here's a picture through the TomTom app (you can use the device through the computer), and I uploaded the actual icon so it will stay a .bmp

Enjoy!
p1181843_1.jpg

Attachments

• Supra.bmp
    16.5 KB · Views: 149

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If I had one to mess with I might be able to figure it out...

If you hunt around in the unit manually (like I already mentioned, they're like large flash drives) and find the icon for the your location, you might be able to change it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Meh. Did some digging. The Garmin units use a very different file format - not a conventional picture, it's actually a crapload of pics squashed together, so they can do the 360 degree rotation bit.

I'd need to find a decent Mk3 wireframe, then render 72 images as it rotates through the full 360 degrees, then convert those stills into the right file format.

However, they do already offer a crapload of icons: http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, I remember that. Have to dig around, see if I can find them...

Or, considering the size, it wouldn't be much work to modify another wireframe with enough Supra features that it would be obvious...

The best one is the broom. I'm SO tempted to pick up another Garmin for my mom and change the icon to the broom. SO TEMPTING...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GrimJack;1184924 said:
Meh. Did some digging. The Garmin units use a very different file format - not a conventional picture, it's actually a crapload of pics squashed together, so they can do the 360 degree rotation bit.

I'd need to find a decent Mk3 wireframe, then render 72 images as it rotates through the full 360 degrees, then convert those stills into the right file format.

However, they do already offer a crapload of icons: http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

Dude....

chipotleBurrito.jpg

Chipotle Burrito. YES.

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Badass...going to hook this up on my TomTom asap. Hopefully can be done with the others units as I'm not at all impressed with the TomTom's and will be looking for another unit in the future.

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
I just got a Tomtom today and i already did this turned out great! Jw where did u get the little icon i was wondering if i could make my own to match my actual car alittle better.