Nov 3, 2005
MA
3S Supra.

3520175868.jpg

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
From what I read in Formula One news years back, when Toyota first decided to join F1, V12's were allowed. Toyota like Ferrari were the only manufacturer to design and build their own
V12 engine. Then F1 changed the rules and only allowed v10's...And Toyota had to change to a V10.

But I am sure Toyota would not waste all that R&D, money and technology that went into the V12 for nothing. The Japs do not like to waste money. They will find a purpose for that engine.

Cheers,
Roy

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
tte said:
From what I read in Formula One news years back, when Toyota first decided to join F1, V12's were allowed. Toyota like Ferrari were the only manufacturer to design and build their own
V12 engine. Then F1 changed the rules and only allowed v10's...And Toyota had to change to a V10.

But I am sure Toyota would not waste all that R&D, money and technology that went into the V12 for nothing. The Japs do not like to waste money. They will find a purpose for that engine.

Cheers,
Roy

when Toyota joined Formula One Everyone was running a V10 engine The Regulations have since then switched to running V8 The engine must last two races also. The old Rules were one Race. You can run a V10 but they Have an enforced Rev Limit instead of what the engine is capable of which render's them quite useless.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
OneJoeZee said:
the altezza has a 3SGE in it.

Actually i am pretty sure they had both depending on what you bought.

It is only recently that Toyota has offered the 4cyl version here with a 4-wheel drive the IS250. The Altezza in Japan originally did not have 4-wheel drive though that is something new

Duds

King Awesomo
Jun 24, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The original altezza had three motor options the 3s-ge, 1g-fe and the obvious to most 2jz-ge

bobiseverywhere said:
The Altezza in Japan originally did not have 4-wheel drive though that is something new

The original Altezza wagon was 4wd

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
bout damn time is what i say!

i've been yakking on and on about the 1GZ for a while now. Pity it's an FE engine and not a GE engine....but then again the 1GZ was never built with performance as the top priority.