Tokico warranty?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
There was a thread on another forum that brought up a lot of questions, I was wondering what people think here.

Supposedly Tokico does not warranty their products directly. You must make a warranty claim with the vendor who you purchased from. I know a lot of us buy stuff online or some of you who buy on ebay. So in that case you seem to be in trouble, the cost of shipping shocks back and forth make the warranty useless.

If you buy from a local vendor and they go out of business or stop selling the shocks, Tokico says to just find another local vendor. How many businesses do you think want to deal with a warranty claim on a product they didn't actually sell?

So it seems like if you buy Tokico, buy from a trusted vendor and ask about any warranty shipping costs before you buy. I bought mine from George at Raptor Racing and not sure how he handles claims, not that I need a claim though.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
A local vendor is obligated, by Tokico, to honor your warranty claim. If the local vendor refuses to help you send in the Tokico equipment go ahead and tell Tokico. I'm sure they would be happy remove their product from a vendor who refuses to support their product. ;)

It doesn't matter how many local vendors want to help, it matters that they will.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
That sounds good in theory but it seems people are having issues and being turned away by the vendors because they didn't buy the shocks there.