Toe arm wont tighten

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Also known as the No. 1 suspension arm in the TSRM, I replaced my hub due to an accident and I cant get it to tighten. The ball joint end just spins and the nut is only on about 3 threads. It looks to be seated all the way in the hub but it just spins and its nowhere close to the 43ftlbs. Is there a trick to it? I dont see any wrench point to hold it. Is the arm itself broken?

I tryed to look at the TSRM but it just looks like they put it in and tighten it. (giggity)

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I've run into that same problem. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but what I did was jack up (or down) the lower A arm until the ball joint wouldn't spin anymore. Doing this seems to lock the joint in there (by friction I assume) so you can tighten the nut all the way.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
We did that, It went on a couple more threads and didnt go any farther, Weve had rain in my part of florida the last two days so i havnt tryed it with the wheel on and on ramps, Im thinking that might do the trick.

Were you able to get 43ftlbs on it?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Very important arm to get tight, failure = very bad :(

I usually use a 2"x4" piece of wood against the BJ on the arm then hit the wood with a hammer to seat the Taper enough to tighten.