toe adjustment

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
is there any easy way to take off those toe adjustment bolts on the rear?
not the ball joint,the other one
woody

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Why would you want to take the adjuster bolts off in the first place?

BTW, your looking at the camber/caster adjuster bolts, toe is adjusted by the tie-rods.

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
i have some new adjustable toe arms with better sway bar end.
and the toe is adjusted by the excentric bolt on the toe arms

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
woodytsi said:
Pic?

Becuase toe is only changed left and right. It is the angle between the wheels.

Excuse me. Changing the camber changes the toe, then toe is corrected with the tie rod ends. It has been a while.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
woodytsi said:
Please post a pic of these arms. Im going to sound like an asshole and an eletist if I post saying your wrong in every fashon. This is not SF so im not going to do that.

And Nick M is also right, by having even 1* of toe in, by driving a mile its equilivent to dragging a tire sideways for 26 ft.

I have also aligned many cars using eccentric nuts and various ones using shims. I have a lot of experance with suspension modification and even tunning. (If you consider tunning suspension possible like me.) Adjust both of the nuts on the front and back to adjust camber, caster adjust by moving just one, the front one is a large increment and the rear one is a small increment. Tie rods adjust toe, always.

Last edited:

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
i have the a-1 toe arms. i'm just asking how do i get the old rusty ass toe arms bolts off. they don't turn out and the won't beat out .i just want them off
woody

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Did you get the nut off the bolt?
If so, and can't get the bolt to budge, then you may have a problem.
This means that the bolt has frozen to the steel sleeve inside the bushing... My friend just went through this with his 91 Eclipse, and it is not fun. Nick is correct, acetylene torch is the main tool, after that, a sawzall, an air powered hacksaw if you can get one, and a lot of swearing is what you're gonna need.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Oh Im sorry, I misunderstood. Get a drift and a dead blow hammer and punch them out. If there is rust, go get some penetrating lube (heehee lube :D) squrt it on there and let it sit in, repeat step one.