Today's test drive...Lingenfelter Z06!!!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Well, my boss just got back from Georgia today with his "new" Vette. Let me start by saying I've never been much of a Vette fan, but then again, this isn't your average Vette!

It's quite possibly the nicest all-around car I've ever driven. It drives very easily, stops incredibly, and when you crack the throttle you better be holding on! It is a bit loud going down the highway, but is still considerably quiter than my Supra.

The mod list is extensive, so extensive in fact I'll never remember everything. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head...

Black w/ black leather
Hardtop
13k miles
511 RWHP
B+M Ripper Shifter
Carbon Fiber Hood...I can't remember who makes it, but it was around $3k.
Mini tubs in the back
Carbon Fiber front wheelhouses
Baer Brakes
Lingenfelter Supercharger
Lingenfelter Intercooler
Cam
Worked heads
Side Skirts
Spoiler
Front Bumper
He's not sure if the bottom end is stock or not, but he will be checking into it soon.
There's so much more, that I can't think of!!

The origonal window sticker shows $50k. The origonal owner then dumped over $30k into additional parts and labor. My boss bought it for half that total!

I thought I'd share as it's a pretty sick car.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea vettes are nice cars
C6 is the only one i like. but they still have the reputation of "o its a vette it will kick ur ass" same with the camaros.
Plz.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Hehe, Vette owners tend to have the "I'll smoke anything" attitude themselves. Funny enough, I caught one last summer in a C5 that must've thought he was going to show some ricer a lesson. Boy, was he wrong! lol!

As our cars sit right now mine should be able to spank my boss's. The only reason why is I have DR's and he's on street tires with horrible traction problems. Once he get some better tires...I'll have to get a bigger hair dryer!

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Sounds like a sick setup, is it SC/Turbo, or just a beefy Heads and Cam package? Get pics too ;)

EDIT: I'm a fucking idiot and didn't read, SC with heads/cam

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Sweet. Which boss: Carl, or the dealership guy?

I drove an '02 Z06 a while back. Nice enough car, but... not very pleasurable to drive. The cockpit wasn't laid out very well, and the shifter was too high - and it felt like shifting a tractor, exactly like Top Gear said. And the 1st to 4th skip-shift thing just pissed me off.

I'd still own one though -- I still think the C5 is a beautiful car.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
rpk2012 said:
This thread is worthless. No pics or videos. Tsk tsk. lol jk

Eh, I wanted to wait untill it was all cleaned up to take pics, but that could be a while so I took some today! Vid will come once he gets used to the shifter and we get to run-em!! Anyway, on to the pics!!!

Attachments

• Lingenfelter Z06.jpg
    Lingenfelter Z06.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Lingenfelter Z06 (1).jpg
    Lingenfelter Z06 (1).jpg
    359 KB · Views: 24
  • Lingenfelter Z06 (2).jpg
    Lingenfelter Z06 (2).jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Lingenfelter Z06 (3).jpg
    Lingenfelter Z06 (3).jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Lingenfelter Z06 (4).jpg
    Lingenfelter Z06 (4).jpg
    347 KB · Views: 22

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Squid699 said:
C'mon, you shoulda talked him into the TT model.....silly SC's lol

He didn't order it, or build it, he just happened to come across it like it is. I'm all for turbos, but I'm willing to bet the SC is more reliable, simple, and easier to tune than a twin set-up any day.

He's planning to order wheels and tires as soon as possible. I should've taken a good pic of the front and back brakes, I only got the fronts and it's not that great of a pic.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Sick car, I LOVE the backside of the hood, I'm usually not too big on graphic stuff...

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
To be honest he isn't big on graphics either. I think it adds uniquiness to the car though. Also, he's afraid that if he paints off the cross it will bring bad luck. lol!

I tried to get a good pic of the outside of the hood, but it didn't turn out that well. The area behind the scoop is unpainted, so the cf shows there. The rest of it is black like the body. Nice touch imo. It's without a doubt the nicest quality cf hood I've ever seen.