Toda Hi lift cams 264 10.3mm(7mgte)

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Iron Tank said:
You think it won't run well with a vpc?

I don't think so. A custom made chip might help some but, a VPC is using the manifold pressure the stock cams create to define the AFM signal it sends to the ECU. A "MAP ECU" might fare a bit better, since you can change the signal it sends pretty much where you want to, it can compensate for VE changes a bit better, at least on the fuel side. The timing for the vacuum side of the map is going to be all screwed up though, not much you could do about that with a piggyback.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
siman said:
we can transplant shimless buckets in our heads from that toyota v8/6???

That seems like good idea.

are those hydraulic buckes or......

I have never heard of doing that before. :icon_conf

IIRC, it is a small 4 cylinder, only available in Japan. They have a small nipple on the bottom of the bucket that serves as the shim and they are available in different sizes.

I did a writeup on the old Supramania, too bad it is gone forever. There is a nice writup I found on one of the 4AG websites, http://www.club4ag.com/ that explains it well.

B

bbaacchhyy

chevyeater said:
IIRC, it is a small 4 cylinder, only available in Japan. They have a small nipple on the bottom of the bucket that serves as the shim and they are available in different sizes.

I think that the engines are available here in Aus as well as NZ. They are the VVTi version that goes in the Toyota Echo as it is marketed here in Aus.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
bbaacchhyy said:
I think that the engines are available here in Aus as well as NZ. They are the VVTi version that goes in the Toyota Echo as it is marketed here in Aus.

Cool, wasn't aware of that.

I forgot to mention that Jeff Watson @ Champion Toyota can source these parts for people here in the states.