To the *$&!$# that hacked my gmail:

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
Our wi-fi at home is secured (WEP) with a password. I live in a dead end neighborhood in what is basically country-side. We live in a huge house with a substantial yard. I doubt you could get a wi-fi signal anywhere beyond our property. It'd be really freaky if someone was walking around our property to get an email password.

thats about the most unsafe way to secure your network well second to not using security at all a wep can be cracked with in a hour or less with a bad signal i would say 6 or less

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprarx7nut;1487002 said:
Hmm.. weird. I dont think I had your personal email, just supramania's. :dunno:

Yea, the admin@ account goes to me... ;)

suprarx7nut;1487002 said:
I sent a request to operamail to close the operamail account. I told them it was fraud/abuse, but I doubt they'll even respond to me.

If operamail closed all the accounts that were involved in fraud/abuse, there wouldn't be any operamail accounts..

blackkarma;1487014 said:
thats about the most unsafe way to secure your network well second to not using security at all a wep can be cracked with in a hour or less with a bad signal i would say 6 or less

It's also realistically not something worth worry about.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flight doc89;1487376 said:
The guy sent out spam trying to get people to send him money....How did he plan to collect?

It very clearly says so in the email:

Hi,

Happy new year! How you doing? We made a trip to London (United
Kingdom) unannounced some days back, Unfortunately we got mugged at
gun point last night! All cash, Credit cards and phone were stolen, we
got messed up in another country, stranded in London, fortunately
passport was back in my hotel room. It was a bitter experience and i
was hurt on my right hand, but would be fine. I am sending you this
message cos i don't want anyone to panic, we want you to keep it that
way for now!

Our return flight leaves in a few hours but I’m having troubles
sorting out the hotel bills, wondering if you could loan me some money
to sort out the hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport about
($1,500). I have been to the police and embassy here, but they aren't
helping issues, I have limited means of getting out of here, we
canceled our cards already and made a police report, I won’t get a new
card number till I get back home! So I really need your help.

You could wire whatever you can spare to my name and Location via
Western union, below is all you need:

Name - Andrew Jacobson

Location - London, United Kingdom.

I still have my passport so I can use it as identification, email me the
transfer details and the confirmation # would def refund it to you once
we arrive hopefully tomorrow.

I await your reply soon.

Regards

Anyone named Andrew Jacobson, or with ID bearing the name Andrew Jacobson can walk into any Western Union office and pick that up. The police aren't going to stake out all of the Western Union offices in London, so it's a pretty safe scam. Cash in hand and walk away.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
More than likely a fake facebook login page. I remember when that used to happen to me all the time. I'd type in my login info and be redirected to the "login" page again, only the address wasn't www.facebook.com.. and most people fall for it and type their login info in again on that page and bam..hacked account.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
emiliorescigno;1487407 said:
Any idea how it happened? Bad password, send info to the wrong person?

Still not sure. I am guessing facebook. I'm rarely on there and I happened to be logged into gmail and then logged into facebook. Ten minutes later it happened. I hadn't visited any other site that day except for supramania (naturally) and craigslist. Facebook shared the same password as my email too.

WhtMa71;1488375 said:
More than likely a fake facebook login page. I remember when that used to happen to me all the time. I'd type in my login info and be redirected to the "login" page again, only the address wasn't www.facebook.com.. and most people fall for it and type their login info in again on that page and bam..hacked account.

I would hope I wouldn't fall for that, but who knows. :dunno:

lintlars;1488527 said:
Technology is great! I had this happen to a friend, dirtbags!

Ya, it really made me realize I need to have stuff backed up. It's so convenient having gmail take care of everything, but then if that one things goes bad I'm fucked, lol.

I now have all my contacts stored on my phone, gmail, SIM card, microsd card AND on my computer.