To the *$&!$# that hacked my gmail:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
You fucked my Thursday good, long and hard.

You somehow got my gmail password, changed it, set forwarding to a fake operamail.com account with my same username and deleted the gmail copies of my email.

You sent an email to all 250 of my google contacts, some of which were professional references and job leads, that said I was in London and stranded. You posed as me and requested $1,500 from EVERY SINGLE PERSON in my contacts.

You then ERASED ALL MY CONTACTS. Since my phone syncs with google, you then caused my phonebook to be erased entirely. I have permanently lost at least 50 phone numbers that hadn't otherwise been backed outside of google because of you.

All so you could pathetically try to lure someone I knew to give you $1,500 via western union. Thankfully nobody fell for it, but you sure caused me a day's worth of headache.

You're probably half way around the world and barely speak English. Hopefully you speak enough to understand this:

FUCK YOU.

I'm guessing I got hacked via facebook since my email and facebook shared the same password and since I was logged into facebook (which is semi-rare for me) just BEFORE I logged into gmail. Minutes later I was locked out of gmail and my secondary email addy was changed so I couldn't easily restore it.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Talk to google, they will help you get it back, and give me the IP... :) I've got a lot of friends who wait for me to hand over IPs just for ahem fun...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraMario;1486554 said:
Talk to google, they will help you get it back, and give me the IP... :) I've got a lot of friends who wait for me to hand over IPs just for ahem fun...

I've tried getting in touch with google, but you can't as far as I know. Their contact page just contains links to forums and suggestion forms. Nothing for actually contacting google.

I read through the forums, and they said there is no way to recover lost contacts unless you made a backup file. Ugh.

I'd love to get the IP and do something about it, but I have no idea how to get it. :dunno:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Find someone you know that got the email from your account.

Then do what foreverpsycotic said, in gmail its the little arrow button next to the reply
Get the IP post it here or do a whois trace.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I wouldn't post it publicy. I would find some other way to get it to someone. I doubt SC wants a trail that points here, expecially if someone does something to the IP address of that person and it is an international thing.

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
suprarx7nut;1486401 said:
That's actually a good idea, at least for the important ones. Though I have most the really important ones memorized.

Funny how 10 years ago, writing down numbers on a piece of paper would have just been expected....

Being hacked sucks. Sorry dude.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I got a copy of the email - I assume I was in your address book.

The IP address is forged so you're going to hit a dead end there.

However the person redirected replies to suprarx7nut@operamail.com

I would bet you don't own that account - whoever does is the culprit.

However since operamail.com is one of those domains who will give anyone an email with zero verification, it's likely a dead end as well.

You're dealing with professionals - they won't get caught easily.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
you know its prob someone you either know and trust or your neighbor and you wont beable to just track them down if they have any good sense. hackers dont just generally find random people, you find them and i can tell you that noone hack gmail just to get your lone account. is your computer on wireless? if so i bet they just sniffed ya and you gave them your info.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
blackkarma;1486762 said:
you know its prob someone you either know and trust or your neighbor and you wont beable to just track them down if they have any good sense. hackers dont just generally find random people, you find them and i can tell you that noone hack gmail just to get your lone account. is your computer on wireless? if so i bet they just sniffed ya and you gave them your info.

Yea we do...Well we used too...grew out of it now me and the 2 people who used to "hack" if you want to call it that, are now on the security side of things. So yes "script kiddies" do target randomly.

Well at least I've got an email I can go off of now. :)

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
script kiddies do fish bc they need someone to reply or open always depends but i dont consider those guys real hackers.

but yeah if your doing security this will be a good place to start

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
foreverpsycotic;1486657 said:
Their mailers should show up in the sent box. Find one and click the link below.
http://www.johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.html

SupraMario;1486671 said:
Find someone you know that got the email from your account.

Then do what foreverpsycotic said, in gmail its the little arrow button next to the reply
Get the IP post it here or do a whois trace.

Just used the email my mom sent back to me. There are a few IP addresses. One from Kansas and one from California. :dunno:

Supracentral;1486727 said:
I got a copy of the email - I assume I was in your address book.

The IP address is forged so you're going to hit a dead end there.

However the person redirected replies to suprarx7nut@operamail.com

I would bet you don't own that account - whoever does is the culprit.

However since operamail.com is one of those domains who will give anyone an email with zero verification, it's likely a dead end as well.

You're dealing with professionals - they won't get caught easily.

Hmm.. weird. I dont think I had your personal email, just supramania's. :dunno:

I sent a request to operamail to close the operamail account. I told them it was fraud/abuse, but I doubt they'll even respond to me.

blackkarma;1486762 said:

Our wi-fi at home is secured (WEP) with a password. I live in a dead end neighborhood in what is basically country-side. We live in a huge house with a substantial yard. I doubt you could get a wi-fi signal anywhere beyond our property. It'd be really freaky if someone was walking around our property to get an email password.

SupraMario;1486767 said:

Ya, I used that to get my access restored. I kept entering my info and it would default to the damn address the hacker setup until finally after about 6 tries, it sent it to my real secondary address.

I made a fake account with operamail. I really want to fuck with this guy. What can I do? any questions to ask him? Anything I can set-up to record his real IP or anything? Do I stand to get myself any more fucked by sending email to him from my home ip address?

Think I might just email him and see how long it takes him to give up.