to run or not to run? Boss turbo

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Well the drain line still uses a flange, so the stock one should still bolt up. Ill have to swap the fitting from the thermostat housing as this has the line threaded directly into it. If I can get that fitting, and as long as the oil supply line is still the same thread and I can put the banjo bolt back in it should work. I was pretty doubtful I would be able to run it now but, it would save me some work and I wasnt sure. No harm in asking, and Luis I have my ct from the other motor sitting on a shelf but thanks for offering. If you want to help me put the motor in though that would be a big help, should be able to get it in the next time I go home.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Doesn't fuel cut hold off until about 12LBS on the stock AFM? Could you restrict that turbo down to 12LBS by using a silencer in your exhaust, or possibly using a stock exhaust altogether. Please excuse my ignorance on this issue, as I have a very limited turbo knowledge, and don't know a thing about the boss itself. I'm just trying to help with a different way of thinking.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Fuel cut isn't boost related, it's flow related.

The BOSS turbo will flow a lot more air at 12 lbs than the stock CT26, therefore fuel cut comes on at much lower manifold pressure.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
yep, even at 8 psi on the boss I would worry about fuel cut, I just didnt know how far I could turn the boost down. So the CT goes back on next time im home in spokane. Ill build another 7M just for the boss, and pick up a shell after Im done with my car.:naughty:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
zurud;969206 said:
If you worry about fuel cut. Just don't boost. Use your brain and foot.

^ wheres the fun in that?

Ryan, If your at your place still on sunday i can drive straight east to spokane and help you out for a few. Should have my car done and ready on sat. I can make it there by around noon.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
zurud;969206 said:
If you worry about fuel cut. Just don't boost. Use your brain and foot.

Go to Centrailia without boost? Thats like going to a Singapore whore house without a condom.