To much Negative Camber in front, cant align it.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
IJ.;1341662 said:
Thought the JIC arms added more Neg George?

Maybe........
I just seen a picture of the adjustment on them a few years back.
They have a lot of little 6mm bolts holding the adjustment,
and they were slotted both side to side, and forward & back.
So they look to also be adjustable for camber also.

Sorry, didn't keep a picture.........

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Yes I am sure the springs are installed correctly. The bigger ones are in the back and the smaller springs are in the front. I just checked to make sure. Ill get pics in the evening.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Poodles;1341780 said:
hmmmm, maybe missing the spring insulator (or worn)

Well I took a look at the suspension and it looks fine. Only thing I found is some crumbled pieces of plastic in between the shock and the springs. I believe that those pieces of hard plastic I found were the Bump Stops? I also checked the cams for the adjustement and it appears it still has quite some more that can be adjusted, so im taking it to a different shop tomorrow. Hopefully they can align it correctly.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Poodles;1341944 said:
The isolators are at the top of the spring IIRC...

Yeah those seem to be fine.

Ill go to a different shop tomorrow. See what they say.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
i run about -1.6 in the front for my race tires and its not enough camber.

however for your street tires i would say -1 deg should be fine and if they cant hit that then you have a stuck bushing or something is bent.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Ok so I went to a differente alignment shop today. It had -3 on passangers side and -2 camber on the drivers side (If I remember correctly)/. They adjusted the cams but the camber wouldnt move much. -3 on the passangers side was as straight as they could set it. Then he told me that the lower control arm bushings were damaged. They need replacement. I took a look and sure all four (front only) lower control arm bushings need replacement, they looked pretty bad. So I didnt even bother with them adjusting the other side untill I replace these bushings. The upper control arm bushings seem fine. Now I just need to buy these lower control arm bushings, hopefully they are not too expensive.

Well We will see what happens when I replace these. Hopefully this will solve my problems. Right?

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
buy energy suspension ones. i suspect they were unable to turn the cams at all since the bushing were siezed. like i said common problem. easy fix just a little bit of a pain