To much Negative Camber in front, cant align it.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Ok soy I recently lowered my 89 supra turbo 2 weeks ago. I used KYB GR2 shocks with H&R lowering springs. The car seems to sit too low in the front and the rear seems fine.

I went to go get it aligned. They rear they were able to align it correctly. But the front is were the problem is. The car has too much negative camber, and has no more adjustment to bring it back to spec (at least close to spec).

What can I do to fix this excessive camber in the front?

The only way I see it possible to fix this, is to lift the vehicle 1". Can I use some kind of spacer? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
tErbo b00st;1340820 said:
how much is "too much" running 1.5-2 degrees is ideal for handling

you don't need, or even want, a factory alignment imo

something sounds very wrong about this. try somewhere else, or maybe you have bent or worn parts. ij is right the front has alot of adjustment. i have my car by most standards slammed and i was able to get it right when i personally aligned it.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Well the mechanic said that for the Camber the adjustment was almost maxed out. The car looks really low in the front, the tire goes up in the wheel weal. (sory for the SP). But it has that kind of camber that will wear the tires pretty quickly.

I will take some pics so you can see the camber that it has in front.

The rear wasnt a problem, rear is fine.

Ill take it to another shop this weekend, but ill post pics anyway. Thanks

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
tbcmorris;1340904 said:
just h and r should not tuck tires

Yeah Im running stock sawbladez and stock tire size in front. Ill take some pics tomorrow. Both sides are the same BTW>

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
redmaro;1340997 said:
Yeah Im running stock sawbladez and stock tire size in front. Ill take some pics tomorrow. Both sides are the same BTW>

BTW im running GR2 KYB shocks, they are new. The springs I bought used.

tErbo bOOst is right. I have not done it on the Supra, but decambering the front of a '70 Firebird (with Chevy BB engine) made if handle like a go-cart some time ago. It cornered so well, that the oil climbed the side of the pan. I only knew it after scratching my head about noisy hydraulic valve lifters.

BernieK

tErbo b00st;1340820 said:
how much is "too much" running 1.5-2 degrees is ideal for handling

you don't need, or even want, a factory alignment imo

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Well I just took a look at the car, and maybe im exgerating with the tires going into the wheel well. It looks like that because of the negative camber. Ill post pics tomorrow.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Poodles;1341038 said:
H&R's are known for being low....too low IMHO. Also heard they sag but that I can't comment on...

Yep the rear looks like it didnt lower much, but the front seems too low. Looks like a race car.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
JIC makes (or made) A70 lower front control arms that were adjustable.
You might want to contact JIC to see if they still offer them,
(and how many of your pay checks they want for them).