To invest or not to invest more....HELP

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Guys i dunno what to do. I go through this phase every winter when I park my car, thinking what i should do next with it over the winter. Well last winter I invested about a good $10K-$12,000 into the car amd hadn't even bought parts for my turbo swap. Now lately I've been having thoughts about buying a 350z or G35. What should I do here, and DONT tell me it up to me even though it is. Honestly guys, knock some sense into me. Here a a few pics of my car to show you what I have soo far.

p445258_1.jpg

p445258_2.jpg

p445258_3.jpg

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Invest??

lol

first you are using the WRONG word... Invest means that there is a possibilty of gaining money due to increase in yield.

Our cars are far from investments, as a matter of fact they are a blackhole for money and time to disappear on ;)

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
You're dead on if you're investing for financial gain Figgie, but one can invest in their happiness... So far the ~$7,000 invested in mine has had an incredible rate of return on happiness. :)

So, Suprastic do you smile or cry when you spend money and time on your Supra? That should tell you whether to keep throwing money into it, or just cut your losses and find something else. ;)

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Shytheed Dumas said:
So, Suprastic do you smile or cry when you spend money and time on your Supra? That should tell you whether to keep throwing money into it, or just cut your losses and find something else. ;)

I get both reactions to that. Im happy seeing my car get one step further to where i want it, I cry at the end of the year when I can see myslef putting another 10 rand into it knowing when i sell it i might get maybe a 1/4 of it back. Then I always look into the long run, "geeze that could've been $20,000 cash to something else" but on a side note, i've always imagined myself keeping this car. It been in the familiy for a long time, i've had passion for it ever since it rolled into the driveway, and i know that if i sell it i'll regret it once i sign the bill of sale. The car has been extremely relable to me, and cost me nothing except regular maintence and my obsession of buying aftermarket parts. Plus i have a habit of staring a project, but never finishing it

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
JustAnotherVictim said:
Give me the car and it will solve your money problems.

No money probelms, I am very finaicially stable, infact i just bought a 1/4 million dollar condo in Calgary. That was a great investment and as well as my company. but my mindstate investement lays within this car. I always think i'll enjoy myself in a different car, and it been a habit ever since i got my license.

So what is happiness, buying a $40,000 bine stock factory car that will depreciate the second i drive it off the lot... Or sinking roughly $25,000 into the supra knowing i am proud of my work and that there is nothing like it around.

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
ValgeKotkas said:
oooh... that is a sooooo beautiful car... no goddamn g35 or 350z can compete with it :)
Soo why change cars?

In search of a new feeling. You know you date a girl for a few month or a year, maybe even more, then one day she doesn't seem to do it for you anymore. Kinda the same feeling, which is prolly why i wont ever get married,

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
^^ Can't say I feel the same way either. Just celebrated three years with my girl yesterday, and we still have a blast together. (And she loves the supe : ) )

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I think you answerd your question right here.

Suprastic said:
i've always imagined myself keeping this car. It been in the familiy for a long time, i've had passion for it ever since it rolled into the driveway, and i know that if i sell it i'll regret it once i sign the bill of sale. The car has been extremely relable to me, and cost me nothing except regular maintence and my obsession of buying aftermarket parts. Plus i have a habit of staring a project, but never finishing it

My opinion, I am about to spend about 9k on an engine rebuild, paint, re-cover all seats. I say keep it. The pics look so good. (the seats are WOW! ) I only hope to get my supra to look like that. And whatever you get you are going to mod right? So its not like your gonna stop spending.

Keep it and I will make you a little window sticker that says

"The Money Pit"

:D

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Suprastic said:
In search of a new feeling. You know you date a girl for a few month or a year, maybe even more, then one day she doesn't seem to do it for you anymore. Kinda the same feeling, which is prolly why i wont ever get married,

Sorry to post twice but I missed this and had to respond..

Ok. To stick with your analogy(sp) When you get a new "Girl" she is going to start asking for all your money. You allready gave the first "Girl" alot of money. So here is what you do. You spend more money on the First girl, fix her up with some new mods and get that NEW feeling back! Now you have a NEW feeling "Girl" that allready knows what you like!! FIXED! Plus everyone here will tell you how your "Girl" just keeps getting better with age!!

It allways is a pain to teach a new "Girl" what you like and besides what if she does not want to do what you like?????

KEEP IT! You will thank us for telling you so!

Last edited:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
figgie said:
Invest??

lol

first you are using the WRONG word... Invest means that there is a possibilty of gaining money due to increase in yield.

Our cars are far from investments, as a matter of fact they are a blackhole for money and time to disappear on ;)

exactly. modding a 20 yr old mass-produced import is def. NOT an investment....then again, a 350z or G35 will be almost as bad of an investment...

buy an "older" one and keep modding the MKIII.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
p445779_1.jpg

my car, read the 1/4 panel

suprahero said " no truer words have ever been written on a car" or some shit like that

my builds costing me a total of alot, i dont like talking about it, but you enjoy doing it, then doo it

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
In all honestly, if you really are thinking about another car. I would wait until the 2008 Cars have been annouced and released in 2007.

There are allot of great cars coming to the Market. The Supra Aside LOL

Mazda is supposed to release a new RX-7,
We Know Nissan is coming with the new Skyline,
The 350Z is going to get an Overhaul to fix all it's little problems.
Dodge is coming out with the Charger i think and the Chalenger
There will be the Camaro

I am sure i am forgetting a few. The Big thing is that all these cars are supposed to be hitting the 350Z Price end of the Market. Which just means there will be all sorts of deals and posiblilities

Leaving the Supra Aside. If the Skyline is still in its AWD ATESSA Glorry with a kick ass Engine i would go for that. If not then i would take the RX-7, Light fun and a rotory engine :)

If you want to crazy V8 Muscle then i don't know what to say about that