Titan motorsports DP opinions

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
I was thinking of buying a titan motorsports down pipe for a ct-26 from rich at summit import porformance. I just recently bought a bolt on turbonetics turbo. I wanted to know if This would be a good Down pipe for me? Let me know if you like it or not. Such as how it fits, ect.

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Rennat;1053102 said:
in any case i would go with a downpipe with a seperate tube for the wastegate.
BIC makes them, or 935 sells the china ones.

I would get a DDP but people were saying it would cause problems with fuel cut because the divorced part of the down pipe would not let the waste gate open all the way. I have a bolt on turbonetics turbo.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
jonny87turbo;1054005 said:
I would get a DDP but people were saying it would cause problems with fuel cut because the divorced part of the down pipe would not let the waste gate open all the way. I have a bolt on turbonetics turbo.

That is incorrect, the wastegate does open fully (atleast with the BIC DDP). Infact the wastegate on the stock downpipe can only open up about 3/8", then the flapper arm hits the downpipe flange. I took this into consideration when I designed the BIC DDP, the flange is cut so there is enough clearence that the valve can open fully and opens up to 3/4". I also checked the Cooleeze downpipe and the arm also hits on that DP.

A bolt on Turbonetics turbo has a different housing style, but in the past had issues with the flapper binding in the housing itself.

The Titan DP is poorly designed with the first bend that comes off the turbo flange, the exhaust comes out of the turbo then hits the "wall" of the back of the dp, it isnt even a bend at the top, just an angled piecs of straight pipe. The BIC and other DP designs have a nice smooth bend at the inlet transition of the downpipe which is the best style for exhaust flow.

Randy@BIC

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
becauseican;1055105 said:
That is incorrect, the wastegate does open fully (atleast with the BIC DDP). Infact the wastegate on the stock downpipe can only open up about 3/8", then the flapper arm hits the downpipe flange. I took this into consideration when I designed the BIC DDP, the flange is cut so there is enough clearence that the valve can open fully and opens up to 3/4". I also checked the Cooleeze downpipe and the arm also hits on that DP.

A bolt on Turbonetics turbo has a different housing style, but in the past had issues with the flapper binding in the housing itself.

The Titan DP is poorly designed with the first bend that comes off the turbo flange, the exhaust comes out of the turbo then hits the "wall" of the back of the dp, it isnt even a bend at the top, just an angled piecs of straight pipe. The BIC and other DP designs have a nice smooth bend at the inlet transition of the downpipe which is the best style for exhaust flow.

Randy@BIC

I was told by a respectible member here that if I got the DDP, I would need to port out the wastegate port of the DDP so I wont have fuel cut issues. Wouldn't that mean the waste gate isn't opening out all the way causing the fuel cut issue?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
the TMS downpipe was a motherfucker to install. took me a good hour just to get one nut off and i had to grind off around the bolt holes just so the bolts would go down. i threw it in the trash rather than sell it to someone else and pass on my pain,.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
I wouldn't waste my money on regular DPs now that the DDPs are around... BIC or raptor racing would be excellent choices, both fit. as far as I know the china ones are copies of raptor racing's mk2 DDP and will not fit the mk3.

I've heard nothing but good things about both these company's service too, so I'm sure you'll be happy all around.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
jonny87turbo;1057202 said:
I was told by a respectible member here that if I got the DDP, I would need to port out the wastegate port of the DDP so I wont have fuel cut issues. Wouldn't that mean the waste gate isn't opening out all the way causing the fuel cut issue?

No, you do not have to port or modify the BIC DDP in any way. Some people have opted to port the wastegate hole in the turbo housing, due to over boosting or boost creep, but this is is very rare and mostly on turbos with upgraded compressor wheels and upgraded intercooler and intake systems as they flow way more air than the stock setup as the stock system is very restrictive which helps to control boost levels. Again, the BIC DDP is designed so that the wastegate can actually open up farther than the stock DP or other brands of DP or DDP's.

noah89t;1057290 said:
randy, do your ddp's fit the turbonetic's housings? i read somewhere that they fit the sp housings.

The regular BIC DDP will NOT work with the Turbonetics, SP or BOSS/ LIPP type bolt on turbo's. the turbine housings have different castings and the divider plate will not seal. The BIC DP will work as it has the same flange/ bolt pattern as the stock turbo's. BIC does make the SPDDP which is specificly designed to work with the SP and Turbonetics style turbo housings. The BOSS and LIPP turbos have a divider wall built into the housing and no DDP design will work with those turbo's.

Randy@BIC