Tires for stock 16's

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)

this is what i have been using on the rear lately. on my second set since the past 12 months. i autocross and drag race with these on the rear and they work great. in front i have the potenzas. those have been on there for a little over a year with over half the tread left and i have no complaints. its just the kumhos are half the price, grip just as well, and launch like a mother fucker at the track.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I got Falcon Azenis RT-615 on the rears and Bfgoodrich G-Force Sport on the front.(Stock tire fitment-225-50-16)

Related question to thread topic......

Curious if anyone has run a thinner sidewall like 40's or 45's on stock rims?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Poodles;1242196 said:
I liked my SPT's, but I'm going to go BFGoodrich G-Force or Michelins next time.

SPT's are great, but when they break away, they break away HARD and you lose control.

No longer a fan of them because of this as they'll feel fine and then you're spinning...

I know a lot of vette guys that run the Kumho ASX's though, so you could try those. They'll last longer than the SPT's and be quieter as well...

What'd you do Poo?? You used to love your SPTs! I like mine, I haven't had any slippin' and slidin' on wet pavement. Sticky as they are I imagine they would break away hard. Every tire has its limit. Seems like once a tire goes sideways all traction is gone. I didn't like the continentals on my altima, and I sure don't like the BGTs on it either. I can't get good wet traction, but I'm not sure if its the tire or the car itself. I was going put kumhos on it next. That is, if I keep it.