Timming screwy

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Ok so I did a quick search and couldnt find the info i was looking for so here goes.

I Put #1 on Top dead center lined up cam gears to the timming markers tightend every thing back up but spark plug back in connected spark plug the engine wont start.

Iv gone and rechecked the timing with tdc still wont start im lost here guys.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Tire Shredder;1356846 said:
try moving the cps a tooth to the right or to the left. in my experience the tsrm directions just aren't good.

Considering the information given in the first post i think its a good start to narrow down if its timing related or not!

A tooth off should at least allow it to start

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ it should still start and run "decent" with the cam timing switched around at the dowel pins (mine did when i experimented). The dowels provide a few degrees (2-3 IIRC) in each direction according to old stuff IJ has posted and are used in unison to accommodate major amounts of material removed from the head/block.

Have you checked the CPS alignment with the CPS cover off?

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
hey guys thx for the replys in the end i got it idleig ok but i brought it to a shop to fix the problume and they check the compresson and its venting in to my rad :D so they figure its a BHG so looks like im gonna do my first BHG

so ill start putting stuff up on my build thread

thx for the info again guys