TIMING

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
The way I think of it: ofcourse timing will be different. By how much, i don't know. but as you rev up the engine you can see the timing change when using a timing light.
So if your base is wrong, everything based on it will also be.

I guess differences around a 150 rpm shouldn't be such a big deal as the timing specs didn't change over time although the pre 89 supras should idle around 800 rpm where the 89+ supras idle at 650 or so. But setting timing @ 1900rpm could just be too much. idk?

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ok well my car idles at about 1000 rpm...im guessing this is still ok.... i disconnected the wire after i cut the car off...will this make a difference? idk? its gonna be sunday before i get to work on it again anyways...

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
ginglesturbo;881158 said:
ok well my car idles at about 1000 rpm...im guessing this is still ok.... i disconnected the wire after i cut the car off...will this make a difference? idk? its gonna be sunday before i get to work on it again anyways...

doesn't matter when you disconnect the short wire on the diagnoses plug.
as long as it's in there when setting the timing and as long as it's gone when you are goint to drive the car.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
thevork;880834 said:
The way I think of it: ofcourse timing will be different. By how much, i don't know. but as you rev up the engine you can see the timing change when using a timing light.
So if your base is wrong, everything based on it will also be.

I guess differences around a 150 rpm shouldn't be such a big deal as the timing specs didn't change over time although the pre 89 supras should idle around 800 rpm where the 89+ supras idle at 650 or so. But setting timing @ 1900rpm could just be too much. idk?

I have a TSRM for '88 supra....says 650RPM idle.

my idle is 1K-1.2K......sometimes .9K-1.1K

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
got it done!!! cars running great.i followed the tsrm exactly i think i fuct up unplugin the t e1 thingy but its runnin good... i went for a 20 min drive and came home with no problems with timing!!! thanks guys...now for my ten million other problems...lol:)