Time to move on

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
not really sure where to post this, figure I'd let off topic play around with it....

I'm thinking its time to move on.. I've toyed around with the idea now for about a year, and I think I might do it. I think its time to move on to a mkiv. Provided I can sell my mk3s for a decent price. I'll probably keep my blue car and put a 1jz in it and use it as a DD. But I've always sorta wanted one. Its like owning a ferrari or something.. sorta an exotic..

After I finish my 2j car and clean it up I'll post it for sale (not sure on the price as of yet).. and if it sells I'll get my blue car driving wiht my spare 1jz and sell my 87 then start looking for a anthracite mkiv.. If i cant find one i'll settle with a silver one..nothing less... lol.. well.. MAYBE a white one if its good/cheap enough...

I figure one I finish school as well I'll be able to sell the mkiv a lot easier and take less of a hit on it then I would a mkiii.. then use the cash for a down payment on a house. I really dont see the resale on the mkiv dropping that much (probably 3-5 years to finish school at my pace) below 20k.. But I doubt I'd be able to get more then 10k for a mkiii.. It'd be hard to sell one for over 8k I think (look at all the mkiiis priced over 8k, they're parted out, or sold for way less then what they have in them.. probably ~ 8k, when asking is over 10)...

But honestly, the main reason I want a mkiv over the mkiii is:

I can get my money back out easier and probably more of it.
Better for racing - stronger parts (6spd, diff for 6spd), can fit fatter tires, etc..
the exotic part of it..

I love the looks of the mkiii over the mkiv, and Might build up another one or continue to play with my blue car or something later on.. i dunno..

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
mkivs aren't exotic...

but if you want to switch, I totally understand. They are awesome cars.

I love both cars. I'd like to have one of each but I can't swing that right now.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
For the money i'd rather have an acura NSX over a MKIV supra. You can get one for $20K and they have far more GT equipment and tech that a MKIV.

acura_nsx_big.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Heh...

Comparing a MKIV to a NSX.

Ever driven a MKIV?

On Topic: Tissimo, if you can afford it, go for it, you'll never regret it. Still by far the best all around car I've ever owned.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
OneJoeZee said:
but they are slow. unless you add some boost. :)

Have you ever seen Tsuchiya on the Tsukuba Track Battle in any BMI series... LOL the NSX Seems to be KING around the track in a Type-R Trim :evil2: .

Last edited: