Time for DR's

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have the Nitto 555r's and they seem to work pretty good. I only run them when I go to the track though. I know a few guys that leave them on full time, but I don't really need them all the time.................lol

Nice picture Global threat........................:love:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I see in your sig you have 335RWHP? I can only assume you have redynoed because that MPH is not that little of hp. Not in a million years.

Don't bother with DR's as they suck. Get slicks and you are good to go and see some 1.5-1.6 60ft's!

Duane

I would say nice time but I know you have more in it. That is a low 12sec (maybe even an 11) pass with proper tires. ;)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Well, the dyno is a funny thing. The local dyno is a dyno dynamics that the owner of has been messing with settings and multiplier settings in. I put down 20 more horsepower than a 03 z06 corvette with intake exhaust and headers that dyno'd right before me.

Mallory, nope, I'm running a 62-1 turbonetics bolt on(on a heavily ported manifold and ported head). I don't know what kind of power I am really making, but at peak torque on the dyno my 550 RC injectors are running 79 % duty cycle so I imagine it's a little more than 335 hp.

My new setup is coming very soon. 25X12X4 intercooler, 3 inch intercooler piping, 720 injectors, FFIM+ Q45, A1000 FP, 50 shot of nitrous, and a 1 piece driveshaft.

I've got everything but the driveshaft and the FFIM in the shop at the moment. I plan on starting on the manifold as soon as the TIG welder I bought from MDC gets here.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
upgradedsupra said:
Don't bother with DR's as they suck. Get slicks and you are good to go and see some 1.5-1.6 60ft's!

i dunno, there sure are some nice DR's out these days. the m/t et dr kick ass and the new hoosier look promising, but havent tried those yet. i may.

i would recommend et streets before full slicks. little less driveline shock and a little more stable at speed.

if you wanted to go skinnies in the front then thats a different story. but ive never liked how much the car squirms when you mix bi-ply and radial tires, and it seems that much worse on an IRS car.

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Care to explain why DR's suck Duane? Before Mission track opens in spring again I'm definately looking for some racing rubber. I'm still unsure what i wanna jump into DR's or straight into slicks. I havent tried either before and by the time the track opens I will need either of those to run my car respectable times.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
dbsupra90 said:
i dunno, there sure are some nice DR's out these days. the m/t et dr kick ass and the new hoosier look promising, but havent tried those yet. i may.

I would recommend et streets before full slicks. little less driveline shock and a little more stable at speed.

if you wanted to go skinnies in the front then thats a different story. but ive never liked how much the car squirms when you mix bi-ply and radial tires, and it seems that much worse on an IRS car.

ET Street is a slick but DOT legal which is what I use. Only difference being that they have a groove in them (actually a few grooves) They are not stable at high speeds..trust me. They have no sidewall unlike the DR's.(Meaning they are soft/aka wrinkle wall) They would be better for drivetrain shock though. I have cut some good 60ft times with my tires.

xXxICExXx said:
Care to explain why DR's suck Duane? Before Mission track opens in spring again I'm definately looking for some racing rubber. I'm still unsure what i wanna jump into DR's or straight into slicks. I havent tried either before and by the time the track opens I will need either of those to run my car respectable times.

DR's will give you wheel hop resulting in broken parts (I know a few people at the track that have broken parts with them.) They would be better than street tires traction wise but not something I would run since you get wheel hop.(ran them beofre) They have no side wall where as slicks do. (Meaning that they are bigger side wall wise) Not talking about actual side wall sorry LOL. I personally would go with ET Streets like I run. MT/26 x10.5x16

I mean wrinkle wall vs sidewall. Sorry for the cinfusion.

HTH
Duane

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
no duane that does not help lol.

what the hell did you just say?

ET Street... They are not stable at high speeds..trust me. They have no sidewall unlike the DR's

then-

DR's... They wold be better than street tires but not something I wouold run. (ran them beofre) They have no side wall where as slicks do.

huh? DR's do have a sidewall whereas ET Streets and ET Drags have a wrinklewall. am i missing what you are trying to say?

also, dont get me wrong, i think the ET Streets are where its at. but, not with radial tires in the front. they are a little more stable than full slicks but still like to squirm at high speed (like you have seen). i would much rather have skinnies in the front for stability with either streets or drags. or for street tires in the front use the DR's.

i do understand what you are saying about wheel hop, several mkiv guys have complained about that too. i have never experienced that, but my car is set up completely different than yours and probably the next guy will be different from either of ours.

while im thinking about it, do you run tubes in your streets?

ok, enough rambling haha.

i do appreciate your insight! now go finish your car! ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Ooops LOL I got it backwards. That is what happens when you lack sleep :aigo: Re-read my post as I edited it for ya. Maybe it makes more sense now LOL

I am speaking of wrinklewall vs sidewall. Make sense now? :)

Duane

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I'm probably just gonna get some ET streets for my stock wheels and run street tires the rest of the time I'm not at the track.

c2m

Jul 4, 2005
SoCal
last time i ran drag radials... only 255's on 16 inchers... resulted in a 1.70 60 ft times... but you run what you want...