Time for a new 7m

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
I am lookin at replacing my 7MGTE in my 92 turbo, but i was just wondering if any of you guys have ever bought anything from the site enginelandinc.com they have the 7MGTE for 800$ and it seems pretty reasonable. are there any problems that i should watch for when buying a used engine. they are all compression checked. anything helps guys i don't want to have to sell my Supra:cry:

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i'd say before you put it in, pull it apart and get the block and head resurfaced and do a MHG just as a precaution... if money's not a thing once you get the engine

ross

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
for a couple hundred more you could have my completely rebuilt shortblock. and i also have a rebuilt head that if you buy the head and shortblock from me i can work out a good price for you.

1000 for the shortblock and 500 for the head, but get them together and ill let it go for 1200 all together plus shipping.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i would never put another JDM engine in my car without getting mhg done and checking bearings.

over the past 11 yrs, i've put 5 JDM engines in my car now.... 2 needed a HG job within a month, and the 5th one i got i decided to rebuild before installing and the condition of the HG was very poor (good thing i decided to replace it).