throttle gets stuck... not so fun

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
i have a urgent problem that needs to get fixed asap... well ill be driving and ill punch it and my gas pedal goes out... for a while i had no idea what was goping on and my friend just went under the hood and fixed it...after it kept doing that when i hit the gas to the floor the throttle kept gettin stuck so i figured out what was wrong... just have no idea how to fix it... see when i hit it the floor the throttle will like turn to far and click over and get stuck in one place.. its not so fun... so if anyone knows how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated cause for right now.. i have to drive it like a little girl.. which im not a big fan of... so please help... thanks

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
um.. did you adjust the cable so at WOT the plate doesnt open as far?
if it's a mechanical-inside-the-throttle-body issue, the junkyard is your friend, or the For Sale section.

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
This happened to me recently, it ended up being the throttle linkage on top of the valve covers that was the culprit! There is a plastic "bushing" type washer at the top of the post on which everything pivots -- on mine this had crumbled off and was allowing the linkage "stop tabs" to go past their stop points so when you let go of the throttle, they would get caught on these tabs on their way back and leave the throttle stuck open. I ended up getting a few c-clips from ACE to put in place of the bushing that had eroded and it works fine now.

turbo

Mr. Clean
Apr 27, 2005
Calgary
This also happened to me once a couple of times and then I realised it was my floor mats catching the accelerator pedal and stoping it from releasing. Obviously you should also check you throttle cable but this was one of those dumb things that happened to me.

Geoff

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
thanks guys.. i look for those thing and yes i can receate the problem when the cars off... and i do think its that bushing cause it looks like it goes past the stopping point and just clicks over and stops moving till i push it back to normal.. so im going to go take a look at those things and see what happens

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
so you are looking to get the most HP for cheap yet you have a stcking throttle????

:wtf:

ok this is fucking ridiculous. If you folks want to kill yourself that is fine but please don't be coming in here asking about how to get alot of HP if you have basic shit that doesn't WORK!!!

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
oh come on..... I'm sure she didn't want the most hp today. She was probably going to fix the throttle first I'd imagine.

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
yes, i fixed the throttle today, it was just the rubber bushing that was not there anymore.. so now im prolly going to look into gettin 3 inch turbo back exhaust.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
This happened to me recently, it ended up being the throttle linkage on top of the valve covers that was the culprit! There is a plastic "bushing" type washer at the top of the post on which everything pivots -- on mine this had crumbled off and was allowing the linkage "stop tabs" to go past their stop points so when you let go of the throttle, they would get caught on these tabs on their way back and leave the throttle stuck open. I ended up getting a few c-clips from ACE to put in place of the bushing that had eroded and it works fine now.

Same thing happened to me

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
Just replace the entire linkage or go straight cable, I had the same problem a while back and its not worth trying to track down the problem, just replace it.