Throttle cable for ffi

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
What is the kind and length of the throttle cable you guys use for a short runner front facing intake with a q45 throttle body? Something tells me a Lokar 48 inch one, but i think it may be a little long......thanks!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I think it's around 36 inches, check Ron's thread, i remember seeing it somewhere in there but I don't recall the actual lenght, but it should be close to 36".

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
take a brake cable for a bicycle take the cable out of the guide, feed it through the guide for the stock cable, hook it up to the TB, get under your pedals and clamp a thick piece of metal around the cable at the desired lengh, so that the pedal will catch the metal and cut where neccessary, then go back and make a bracket to hold the cable guide to the fuel rail or manifold or where ever.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
plenty...havent had a problem yet ive done 3 of them sometimes you will have to drill out the hole no the bracket but its no biggie

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Interesting idea with the bike cable, anyone ever just purchase one (like the lokar one)-looking for something more "visually appealing".

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thank you-just what I was looking for. Does that just attach to the factory cable, becuase I dont think 24 inches would be long enough to reach all the way to the pedal.....but if it does, then great!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
nope it goes straight to the pedal. we've all used the 24", but depending on your app you may need the longer one.

here it is on chris's car

tn_chrismotorjuly.JPG

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Clip said:
holy hell, i can't tell what's what in there but it looks like itll haul ass.

"i can't tell what's what in there" :rofl:

I know what you mean, lol. That picture makes EVERYTHING visible to the light, but in person, it's VERY clean....and yes, it does haul a little bit of ass...:biglaugh:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha, im sure. i hate how my old camera would wash everything out with the flash.