throttle and accelerator Link/cable assembly

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
Hey im in the process of repairing a BHG and i need help on how to remove throttle and accelerator Link/cable assemblu. I can remove the accelerator rod but i can't figure out how to disconnect the throttle cable and accelerator link. Any help would be awesome Thank you... ill post pictures later :eek3dance

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
SupraStorm1080 said:
Hey im in the process of repairing a BHG and i need help on how to remove throttle and accelerator Link/cable assemblu. I can remove the accelerator rod but i can't figure out how to disconnect the throttle cable and accelerator link. Any help would be awesome Thank you... ill post pictures later :eek3dance
Working from the exhaust mani side remove the bolts and nuts holding the bracket down. Remember to have some kind of container just for the accelerator /link assembly. Trust on this. On top of the head there is a long 10mm bolt holding down the assembly, remove it. If you have an auto like me remove the TV cable now. Its the red one that comes from the exhaust side behind the exhst mani. and set it aside. You will have to wiggle it out the bracket at the very end easy enough. Remove accelerator rod from clip. The clip is the one above the exhaust valve cover. Now go to the intake chamber and remove the bolts there one is tiny and will require a small screwdriver the other if memory serves correctly is also a 10mm. Remember you should be able to keep most of the cables and brackets together and place them to the side. I just finished my BHG repair Tuesday nite. Good Times.......well at least now. I might have missed a step or two but you should be able to figure it out.
If u need more info holla back.:icon_bigg

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
Thanks Man, ive been so busy with work and everything i haven't even had time to look at the accelerator link until tonight. Hopefull i will be able to get everything out, and i for the TV cable all you do is wiggle it out? Thanks you have been lots of help

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
SupraStorm1080 said:
Thanks Man, ive been so busy with work and everything i haven't even had time to look at the accelerator link until tonight. Hopefull i will be able to get everything out, and i for the TV cable all you do is wiggle it out? Thanks you have been lots of help

Yeah wiggle or twist and no your not dancing your just working the cable loose. You will figure it out as your doing it, 'cause its not that difficult good luck wit it.