Those with TT-R seats and harnesses... inside

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Hello,

Was curious who out there, if anyone, is running the Recaro TT-R seats with 5 or 6pt harnesses. I would like to keep 'em if possible, because they set the interior off very nicely, but if I'm not able to have my 5pt when the cage/bar goes in, then they go :( Lemme see, thanks!

-J

I

itr206

You dont need a slot in the seat for the crotch strap. Just swing it up in front of the seat. Or not use the crotch strap.
Also the shoulder straps should be able to swing between the seat and the headrest.

If you dont like those options. Ill take the seats.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks guys, I'm all over the place as to whether I truly wanna cage the car... If I did there's no question I'd need the crotch strap, as 4pt's just aren't an option, period. If I decided to sell, you all would have to fight to the death to be honest to get these things :p

-J

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
TT-R seats are a hot commodity in the MkIII community. I once saw a full Recaro interior [in mint condition] go for $1200 on Ebay. It was a shock to me; I had seen them go for $400-$600. I had $900 saved up and I bid accordingly - and lost.

I

itr206

I dont believe you need the crotch straps. I never got told about them.
Even if so, like I said they dont need to go thru the seat. Just bolt them to the floor under the seat or right in front and just swing them up front and over the seat. No biggie. It will pass tech fine.
There are plenty of people running alot quicker with stock seats in there cars

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
It's not so much the tech I'm worried about, it's merely personal preference (4 vs. 5pt). And yes I'm rather confident I could make a damned killing if I threw 'em on ebay... I remember seeing that set go for 1200, kinda disgusting. If I sell you all will be the first to see don't worry.

-J

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I'm sure they will, I'm just referring to worst case scenario of an accident. I don't plan on seeing if my car can survive these contingencies, but 4pts in an accident will do more harm than good, IMO. My fault for not being clear. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm still gonna do a cage and subsequently the harnesses, but either way I've got a lot of hunting and researching to do to get some feedback from others... Thanks. Those suspension pieces are still for sale regardless tho :p

-J

I

itr206

Again , what is wrong with the way I said to do the crotch belt?
Alot more people do them that way that dont have racing seats then do have racing seats.
It still can be bolted to the same place.

With or without the crotchbelt, you are not coming out of the seat if its strapped to the cage and you have the belts semi tight.
Trust me man.

Are you running below the 11.50 range?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
No no no no no I am not arguing with the way you do the crotch belt, I am merely stating why I would prefer the crotch belt over no crotch belt... And yes I expect to be rather close to the 11.5 range :)

-J