those people

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i don't know if i am getting tired of hearing these things or worried about "car guys" asking dumb questions

just recently i have been going back out on sat nights to the local car crowds and on 3 separate occasions i got asked something stupid.

one time some guy came up telling me i had his most favorite car ever and he tried to sell me or a supra buddy of mine a 500hp 2jzge rwd camry!
that's all i need to say about that

same night, i was walking to said supra buddy and 2 guys walk to my engine bay and i hear one tell his friend, "now you see this, this is supercharged" then comes to us and asks if its my car. then asks me "now i wanna say that your car is supercharged, is that right" all i said was "no"

now this one just upsets me a little, ppl see "supra" and think tt, and if its not, then they think its nothing. so two guys walk up and interrupt me to ask if mine was tt, i replied instantly with "no, but i have one at home just like it so i guess you can call them twins" he then walked away.

"hey man, your car's still running"

i posted this cause i get these stupid comments quite often now that i moved down to the miss. gulf coast. and they come from car enthusiasts.:3d_frown:

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
I know exactly how you feel. I try not to talk to anyone about my car. It's always mistaked for a 240sx or a Ford Probe. I get extremely pissed when it's mistaked for either. Course I'm the only one around that Drives a Mark III.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
noah89t said:
but just recently ppl ask the dumbest shit

I'm definitely not the most car-savvy guy in town but I was having a conversation with someone who "knew everything about cars" and was talking about my MR2 and how awesome it was... And then revealed that he couldn't tell the difference between a Nova and a Chevelle OR a Challenger and an Impala...

:nono:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
i think you are hanging with the wrong crowd. you should find some other supra owners or at least others with turbocharged cars, they usually know much more about cars than the so-called "enthusiasts"

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
And the vast majority of them find their way online and stun the noobs with their "knowledge"

Back in the day my house used to be a drop in place for a LOT of the local street racers, people would come to eat talk shit about cars watch vids and so on.

Quite often my GF at the time after they'd left would say "so and so was talking shit about "xxXXxx" wasn't he?"

I'd say yes he was and was impressed she'd picked up more "real knowledge" by sitting back and listening then Ricky Racer had in years of doing it.....

You just get to a point where you tune morons out ;)

If people want to learn I'll bend over backwards to help them if not it's not my place to constantly correct them as they just go away all butthurt and pissy.