Those people who thought I was wrong about the 1jz and 2jz cranks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
siman said:
Shawndude,

The key to torque is WEIGHT inside the motor. Toyota increased this only with the rods, and of course a better turbine set up.
:rant2:

So I can take a 0.5 liter motorcycle engine, and make everything inside the engine out of lead, so it's super heavy, and I'll get 2000+ ft/lb of torque like fire engines have?

I'm not good at math, but 86.0 - 71.5 = ????

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yes I have a big ego but that has nothing to do with the fact that you have no fucking idea and are WRONG and just too stupid to admit it!

If you don't want to take me up on my offer so be it but if you're sure of your facts you stand to gain 2 free motors.... how sure are you of your facts?

I'm done guys I've defended Jon when just about everyone said he was a fuckwit and a loser but no more.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
stop kidding around and blowing things out your butt for kicks.

Its just the thing i was feeling would happen.....give most of you guys take things lightly anyways and give no thought into certain aspects of engine building.

I am just a thinker, I read alot....and dont post much anymore rather i post for fun and thats it.

I keep alot of things i learn to myself and or my buddies around town with their mk3's.....

Call me selfish, but i see you guys as very arrogant and not willing to HELP solve a problem.
No one has stepped up and said they would contact Orin B at all....

Seems you guys are scared to be proven wrong? :icon_roll

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
What this thread needs, is more Alizee!

alizee-anim1.gif

Whew, MUCH better now!

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
IJ. said:
Siman's "one hell of a PM"

I seriously just lost all respect for you and your projects. Your earned that accident that landed you in the hospital.

You're pathetic Siman.

Let me rephrase, IJ.

Your an Egotistic Bastard that has money. You get what you give.

You have done nothing to aid in this thread. All you have done is bash me and my hypothesis....trying to make yourself look smart. You basically use me for your own personal gain, whore. :3d_frown:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
csr ma71 said:
Wow, this is like the "Can I change my oil without changing the oil filter" thread on SF a few years back.

That has no relevance here. This is alot more complicated ( well not really) than changing the oil without changing the oil filter.....

and in reality, you do not need to change your filter every oil change. :icon_wink

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm not trying to start or contribute to any flame wars, I just wanted to make one small point about torque (with regards to the F1 engine example):

Horsepower is derived as a function of torque. I believe the equation is horsepower = torque * (rpm/5250). Because of this, you will notice that on any correct dyno graph, the HP and torque will always cross at 5250rpm. Torque will always be higher than HP before that point, and lower after that point.

I belive a google search for "horsepower formula" will yield tons of pages explaing this in greater depth.

There are two basic ways to increase horsepower:
A. Increase torque
B. Spin the engine really fast

Formula 1 engines choose the latter route: they may only produce 400 lb/ft of torque, but they make crazy horsepower figures by revving the engine to over 10,000rpm.

I believe that in general, having a longer stroke will tend to produce more low-end torque, while having a shorter stroke will tend to be more friendly to revving to high RPM (because of lower piston velocity).

I freely admit that that I'm talking from my arse, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on all these points. I'm just tossing this in because this is something I had been trying to understand for years before I stumbled across that magic google search recently. :)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Eriol said:
I'm not trying to start or contribute to any flame wars, I just wanted to make one small point about torque (with regards to the F1 engine example):

Horsepower is derived as a function of torque. I believe the equation is horsepower = torque * (rpm/5250). Because of this, you will notice that on any correct dyno graph, the HP and torque will always cross at 5250rpm. Torque will always be higher than HP before that point, and lower after that point.

I belive a google search for "horsepower formula" will yield tons of pages explaing this in greater depth.

There are two basic ways to increase horsepower:
A. Increase torque
B. Spin the engine really fast

Formula 1 engines choose the latter route: they may only produce 400 lb/ft of torque, but they make crazy horsepower figures by revving the engine to over 10,000rpm.

I believe that in general, having a longer stroke will tend to produce more low-end torque, while having a shorter stroke will tend to be more friendly to revving to high RPM (because of lower piston velocity).

I freely admit that that I'm talking from my arse, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on all these points. I'm just tossing this in because this is something I had been trying to understand for years before I stumbled across that magic google search recently. :)

LOL yes, your right.

Basically the key is lighter internals ( and of course a short stroke/rod length/piston skirt) and the only thing you CAN make at high rpm's is HP....not TQ.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Can you reference where you got the
"the key is lighter internals ( and of course a short stroke/rod length/piston skirt) and the only thing you CAN make at high rpm's is HP....not TQ"
part from Eriol's post?

It's like....

Shawn: Look the sky is blue!
Siman: I agree, the sky is red!!

Huh?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
siman said:
Let me rephrase, IJ.

Your an Egotistic Bastard that has money. You get what you give.

You have done nothing to aid in this thread. All you have done is bash me and my hypothesis....trying to make yourself look smart. You basically use me for your own personal gain, whore. :3d_frown:
When will you get it through your thick head YOU'RE WRONG.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to look smart and has all to do with you talking shit that has NO BASIS in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.