This is why I love track days...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I could swear the owner of that supra is on the forums...

And the GTR sounds like crap, from getting it off the trailer without it dying to it sounding like it's trying to die going around the track, it just sounds like someone that put the parts together and didn't have the money for a tune...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Poodles;1623884 said:

And the GTR sounds like crap, from getting it off the trailer without it dying to it sounding like it's trying to die going around the track, it just sounds like someone that put the parts together and didn't have the money for a tune...

I totally agree it never sounded like it was capable of idling on it's own never mind delivering the nice smooth power the black MKIII was. Enjoyed the front low lap of the bumper cam at the 5 min mark. Overall a nice vid. The toyota's sounded like they were running the nicest outa the lot.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
I Didn't hear anything strange about the GTR while it was going around the track. I'm thinking that it might have a big set of cams. I did however notice the ugly body kit and shit paintjob. It's almost two tone blue lol. I enjoyed watching the runs none the less. Black supra FTW!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Well, I really don't care much about drifting unless it involves a passengers titties bouncing around while doing it.
Every time I saw the Lexus I could hear it say, "I think I can, I think I can!"
I didn't hear anything bad about the GTR. Maybe he has a very harsh engaging clutch and was trying to back it off the trailor without it stalling. I far as it sounding like it was cutting out while on the track, I'm thinking he was just jabbing the gas pedal. Maybe that's just me.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The supra sounded mean as hell. Idk about the gtr tho. But that wagon, damn, that shit got some angle.

Kisiel

Feb 27, 2010
Opole
Go Pro is brilliant :D I have "fat gecko" witch is only the holder for a cam/dslr but still its a lot o fun :D

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Poodles;1623884 said:

That's called a cold start with big duration cams, it's tough to tune around that even with a good standalone, let alone with piggybacks. The GTR sounded fantastic under boost, although the driver was obviously inexperienced. Good to see somebody on the track instead of being a forum potato, who cares how well they drive it as long as they're improving.

Jan 3, 2007
Östersund, Sweden
Found this thread by a coincidence now :D
I'm the owner and driver of the Black Supra, I'm glad you like it!
And it's my best friend Nicklas who owns the Skyline (He's an ex. MKIII owner :cool:).

It was cold and partly rainy that day so the traction was a bit tricky.

As you guessed, the Supra engine is a 7M (dynoed 500rwhp 700rwnm and super fast spool and response ;))

When it comes to the skyline, the reason it did not idle well was that we use E85 as fuel it was really cold that start.
We dynoed it to 570 WHP with 4-wheel drive (712hp @ the crank)
I saw that some of you where not so impressed by the skyline, but here I have to disagree.
It's a r324 bodykit with the Bayside blue paint, and i have to tell you, both the finish of the car and the paintjob is amazing! Even if it might not look that way on the vid.

If your interested, there is more pictures and info here:
Erik's 7M Supra
Nicklas Skyline r324

Just before I notised this thread, I posted this:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?131512-Erik-s-7M-Supra

Might as well post the link here;
Erik's 7M Supra (PLEASE SWITCH TO 480p FOR HIGH QUALITY)

Regards,
Erik