This is my new project

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hi all

I'm looking forward to building my new project, a ChumpCar racer, based on this 1989 Supra. Once it warms up a bit. :)

First thing is to get it home; right now it is stashed at work. Once I get track car finished and out of the way, the Supra can be trailered home and put up on jackstands for an evaluation. Then it's time to start stripping the insides. I will have many dumb questions, as this is my first ever Toyota.

Attachments

• Jan 2014 interior.JPG
    Jan 2014 interior.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Jan 2014 side.JPG
    Jan 2014 side.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 41

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Thanks, guys. I spent the weekend getting the car on jackstands, wheels removed, and started work on removing the interior. Here is a picture of the inside after I got though most of the gutting, still some more of the dash to remove. Much tidying up remains. :)

No wonder these cars are so heavy: the power drivers seat alone weighed over 100 pounds!! I filled up the back of a long bed PU with trashed interior.

Attachments

• DSCN0896.JPG
    DSCN0896.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 3

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
This car has had several aftermarket stereos and alarms installed over the years, so I have some messes to sort out.

1: Is this ground wire adapter plate on the L F strut top stock or aftermarket junk?

2: Is this connected near the L F strut top normally used?

3: Does this unconnected wire laying on top of the air cleaner go to the oil pressure sender? It has a yellow wire. Somebody installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge and the electric oil pressure gauge is not working, but I need to get that pressurized oil out of the cockpit.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• DSCN0891.JPG
    DSCN0891.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0893.JPG
    DSCN0893.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0894.JPG
    DSCN0894.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 5