This is gonna take a while...

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
well, i just got a supra about 2 and a half weeks ago. its an 87 turbo with a targa top. the whole thing isnt in the best condition. theres body damage and some ghetto riggin that came with the car...:3d_frown: i have plans for it but im short on money so it aint gonna happen now. i'll post pics and more info later, im kinda out of it right now.:aigo:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Well congrats to you , Do all the mantiance stuff to your car first ,new hoses ,tune up , new vac lines,ect it will save you a lot of headaches later. Worry about your mods after mantiance. Good Luck and save up

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
well, i already know i need to get my turbo rebuilt so im going with that next month along with a 50 trim upgrade while im at it. i need to replace my lower radiator hose and all my vacuum lines and what not. cracks all over the place. and i want to re torque the head before i have more problems. also need a new lower speedometer cable. i just need to give it a major tune up. MAJOR...

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
TOMA70E said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen that car around.

If you need any help just send me a PM, Im in Fairfield too. Got a ton of spare parts if you need anything too.

cool... it was only in fairfield for a night. then we took it to sacramento. it should be back down here soon. we just got it running again. where do you live in fairfield. feel free to send a pm. thanks.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
haha, I was surprised it didn't leak any water. I still need to trouble shoot that starting problem. so when you gonna get your ass up to my shop and get it running decent??

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
Mk3runner said:
haha, I was surprised it didn't leak any water. I still need to trouble shoot that starting problem. so when you gonna get your ass up to my shop and get it running decent??

when i can... shit im out at 1:15 friday

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
oh yea thats right the end of school, thats cool. hell I'm gonna be there to just to say hey to all my old teachers... plus the free food helps.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
What did you expect with buying a 20 year old car that has probably had it's fair share of imcompetent owners in it's time? Best of luck to you on getting everything straightened out with it! ;)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
starscream5000 said:
What did you expect with buying a 20 year old car that has probably had it's fair share of imcompetent owners in it's time? Best of luck to you on getting everything straightened out with it! ;)

thats what I been saying since day one.... It's a project car like all the rest of ours. hell I found mine out in the forest with half the engine gone.

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
starting problem fixed??? we'll see when i put it back together again... bought new spark plug wires from a local shop in vacaville. napa tried to give em to me for $88 from north carolina via UPS... basically they wouldnt get here until next year knowing UPS. they'll be here friday through the independent shop for $65. we fixed a bunch of tweak jobs yesterday and had tweak moments of our own. thats all i can think of right now. later.