BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Any interest in lug nuts? I can get muteki lug nuts examples

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I can also get regular spline ones.

Pricing will be around $90 shipped for the neochrome ones and $70 Shipped for the other colors.
Regular spline ones should be much cheaper, around $40
I will get actual pricing if there is interest. I will get actual pics of the lug nuts when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I have to ask - what would these lug nuts bring to the table, performance wise?

Are they lighter weight? Better thread interaction for steadier clamping? More resistant to stripping the threads?

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
Doward;964723 said:

Are they lighter weight? Better thread interaction for steadier clamping? More resistant to stripping the threads?

They weigh about half of what the stockers do, and look much better than stock.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Doward;964723 said:

Truthfully all i know is that they are a tad lighter.

Copied form some sale adds but I am not sure how true it all it

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] The latest lug nuts from Wheelmate of Japan, the Muteki SR35 Lug Nuts come in a set of 20 with key adapter. Made of durable chrome vanadium, each lug weighs in at a mere 2 oz! They're also open ended, making them easily adaptable for short or extended wheel stud usage.

- Super light-weight thin-wall contruction using strong CHROME VANADIUM 28DCRVM SPEC.
- Oversized and taper seat to ensure best contact.
- External drive by popular 17mm hex for easier installation.
- Knurled tips for better grip.
- Full stud engagement and can accomodate long racing studs.
- Reliable and stronger than aluminum racing lug nuts.

BTW these are tuner lugs for aftermarket wheels.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
As long as they provide security, as in, someone can't just drive up with a 17mm socket + jack and pull off my wheels, AND they are made of something that doesn't rust like the ones I have now, it's on like Donkey Kong.

I've been looking for something like this for a long damn time.

Actually, I don't give a damn if you get enough interest for a GB, either. If they match my requirements, I'm buying a set.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
GrimJack;964863 said:
As long as they provide security, as in, someone can't just drive up with a 17mm socket + jack and pull off my wheels, AND they are made of something that doesn't rust like the ones I have now, it's on like Donkey Kong.

I've been looking for something like this for a long damn time.

Actually, I don't give a damn if you get enough interest for a GB, either. If they match my requirements, I'm buying a set.

The ones pictured I think you can use a 19 but as i said I can get spline ones for cheaper.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Because they are smaller and the older model. For the spline there are closed and open ends. I will get pics later when I go by the shop. I will also try and get pricing.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
theKnifeArtist;965131 said:
figures mr. jdm would post a group buy
on a set of jdm lug nuts.
:momaru:

haha. What else do you guys want?? I am looking into a Coilover GB next

As for pricing. Spline is $35 shipped and if we can get over 10 people price will dropped to $32 shipped. Get even more people and I bet I can talk them down. As for the other ones it will be $88 shipped for neochrome and $55 shipped for the regular ones. Price will be dropped on those as well if we get enough people. I will get exact pricing when we actually get close to enough people. Pics of the spline will be up in a few min.