Dec 1, 2006
South florida
I was wondering what this controls and takes out, such as:
Boost cut
Speed cut
REv cut.

Tunes fuel curve
timing...etc

I have a SAFC controlling my fuel,Greddy boost cut and Greddy speed but I wanted to get opinions on whether this will or will not be a good move.
Also will I still need the boost cut and speed cut?

:1zhelp:

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
emanage blue was the shit

what happened to yur chance with the ultimate drew?

EMB can control timing with an addon harness (sold seperately) and injector pulse (harness sold seperately) and tunes the fuel curve.

only gets rid of boost cut. Speed cut is still there and so is the rev limiter. you will still need your SCC, but the EMB has a built in Boost cut Eliminator

but i would definitely buy it again and probably will

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
The E-Manage will allow you to adjust your base maps and add additional maps. Adjust your timing and injector duty cycle. It does have a built in Boost cut controller however you will need to keep your Speed Cut controller.

I'm running E-Manage Blue on my Singled 1jz and haven't run into any problems. Its a pretty easy platform to tune on and the software is very user friendly.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
more than he prolly wants to spend right now. if he has a laptop which im sure he does. with harnesses and everything the EMB will cost him 400 vs 850

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I heard the AEM will solve all those problems :bigthumb: Quit being a sissy Dre and man up to a standalone :)

Seriously,

The eman blue is a really nice unit and lots of people have put down some good power with it.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
I will be using the emange with the greddy harness that is avaiable. Basically a fields harness with all options wired int it eg fuel, timing, injector duty, etc...It s a proven unit...

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
Reap, I am debating between the blue and the ultimate. I am coming across an opportunity to get this cheap. So I am still entertaining the idea.

And MR SNOW....What's wrong with being a sissy...? :naughty:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Keep us posted about how you do with the emanage blue or ultimate... I'm looking forward to getting good numbers with my setup with the same basic mods and management you were/are using.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The last Emanage blue I installed for a customer was basically nothing more then a simple 5 band afc with a fcd. :dunno: The big jumper harness supplied was a pita. It was still hitting fuel cut at about 20psi. I don't think the timing control was wired in, but I didn't even see any adjustments for it in the software.

When you go standalone you can sell your stock ecu and map sensor to offset the cost. I have base maps for 1jz with 440cc with stock twins, and 550cc with a single now too. It can control boost so you don't even need a boost controller, just a solenoid.

I'm not trying to talk Drewgo into it, it seems like he has a line on the Emanage for cheap. But it's not as expensive as you might think to go standalone once you consider all the options.

Last edited:

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
I agree with bigaaron. I am entertaining the idea of using either emanage but I am not fully convinced that it will do more than what I am doing now.
I get good gas mileage and decent power using the SAFC. I think I am going to get a race tune and call it a day.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
drewgo said:
I agree with bigaaron. I am entertaining the idea of using either emanage but I am not fully convinced that it will do more than what I am doing now.
I get good gas mileage and decent power using the SAFC. I think I am going to get a race tune and call it a day.

I'm gonna do what you're doing and just use an AFC. I think I'll meet my goals(for now) without having to invest in a more expensive management system. But we'll see.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
One thing the stock ECU does do for you is let you run more boost on pump gas, because it ratards the timing based off of what it reads from the knock sensors. That is good and bad though. Retarding the timing will loose some torque. The power you make at full boost will not necessarily be increased by going standalone. The gains will be more in the low to midrange rpm (read: driveability, accelleration, throttle response, etc...).

When you have complete control of the timing map, you can do some really cool stuff with it.
Adjusting the fuel map with an AFC only gets you half way there to a good tune. When you go single or aftermarket twin, they spool at a higher rpm. With a stock ecu, the turbo/s are not spooling until you are in a portion of the stock map that has lower timing numbers, because the twins would have already been close to full boost. That's a big reason why upgraded turbos feel a little extra laggy on a stock ecu.

People will spend over $500 more to get a ball bearing turbo that will make a very slight difference in spool time, but they will totally overlook the fact that their stock ecu is robbing all those gains, plus some.

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Then comes the question on how the ecu controls timing.. Timing modifier or 2nd timing map.. I think the jza70 ecus are more of a 2 map system.. the soarer ecus i think might be more of a timing modifier though.. why scs seem to run stronger then jza70s