Think twice about flooring it!

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Well today my dad and bro took out there 300zx's today. I was in my dads SMZ and my bro drove solo. So my brother decides to put it into second as does my dad. They both goosed it a little and let up just after putting it into third. What comes next was in the rear view mirror. Cop car of course. He was in the other lane cause i saw him in the rear view when his lights were on. We get pulled over, my bro gets pulled over by another towns police. Horrible. They got cited for drag racing. It is a class C misdemeanor if they are found guilty, just an overall bad situation. I feel bad for them too since it was kinda my idea to take out the cars. It wasn't even a situation where they were trying to see who was faster, we already know the answer to that. They just goosed it a little trying to have a little fun and this shit happens. Man im gonna think twice next time i step on it. This sucks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Just point out to the judge that if they were really drag racing, the speeds would have been a LOT higher. Bring in your slips from the local 1/4 mile course to prove your point. He'll likely drop it to simple speeding without much of a fight.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
they were speeding probably at the most 65 in a 35. Yeah we talked to a friend of a friend who is going to represent them. He said don't lose sleep over this, everything will be fine. I don't know it sucks though.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Only 65 in a 35? my ticket for 48/35 wasn't cheap, I think like $98. I think it's $8/1mph for anything over 18mph over the limit... or something like that. Still sucks man, nonetheless.

Try the insanity plea, it works everytime.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hah insanity plea? no body here reads car and driver?

a reader wrote in an article a few issues back about how he was speeding and was pulled over, pleaded insanity.

long funny story short and made unfunny, the judge ordered he be put under observation to determine if he was infact a danger to him self or others, locked up for a month in some mental home.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea i have one of those for 2nd neglegant and to fast for conditions, just wait three years and it will be off of your record if it stays. and 65in a 35 yea they would take their licenses if it was ruled drag racing. they'll probably just get neglegent driving and an expensive speeding ticket. then you just wait for the bill from your insurance. orrrrr if you get some legal help then you could porbably get it down to a hefty speeding violation and they could ask for the offense to be defered, thats if they have clean records.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Dang man speeding tickets suck. I have had 2 speeding tickets and as a result my g/f (who is 2 years younger) will be able to get her provisionals off before I will. But I hope everything works out since they will have a friend that is representing them in court. The best thing you can do is go to traffic court for any kind of ticket. A buddy of mine got a few big money speeding tickets and he didn't go to court and because he just payed them and took the points he is gonna have to pay 8k a year for car insurance.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lagged said:
hah insanity plea? no body here reads car and driver?

a reader wrote in an article a few issues back about how he was speeding and was pulled over, pleaded insanity.

long funny story short and made unfunny, the judge ordered he be put under observation to determine if he was infact a danger to him self or others, locked up for a month in some mental home.

No kiddin? I've heard of people refusing to take tickets from officers on the ground when they caught in speed traps and having to wait for the officer in the sky to get off his shift and then give them their ticket, but thats just nuts.