Things that make you go MMMMMM (drift orientated 7m powered ma70)

wwooster

May 15, 2013
Australia
Uhh, he crashed his a70 about 16 months ago, then let it gather dust, bought a ga70 shell to use, that gathered dust, did some stuff to his ra65, bought an uzs171 and an s14 haha

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Not really crazy about drifting but I do love when people make 7m's sing. I can't wait to make mine turn 9k, it just won't be daily like IJ's..

I'll keep an eye on this just cause of the using parts from other cars thing.

Wooster, are you going to use the jza welded diff all the time or swap in some kind of spool diff?

wwooster

May 15, 2013
Australia
The weldie works well, so until that explodes, I probably won't bother with anything else... I mean, I could probably get a full spool or a mini spool to suit a hilux If I wanted.. Or if a 2-way comes up relatively cheap.. Don't like the idea of an lsd, too unpredictable.

wwooster

May 15, 2013
Australia
I'm pretty sure it was a viscious that I welded, not a torsen.. It's developed a little bit of a whine since installing the solid cradle risers, but that's the least of my worries haha

wwooster

May 15, 2013
Australia
Doesn't hit the sway bar (Probably due to running 6 degrees neg camber which i've attributed to the upper arm pick up and the lca ball joint pick up being different lengths to standard, not to mention me moving the balljoint 15mm~ out) the wheel does hit the upper arm on full lock under load though, Running the soarer knuckles I lost about 30mm of track, so I had to make up for that with a 30mm spacer, it's a bit wet at the moment and I can't be bother doing anything till my clutch gets back so photos will wait till then.

These did just arrive however, so I'm one step closer.

wwooster

May 15, 2013
Australia
Couple of updates, clutch arrived.

Put the motor in, test fitted my exhaust manifold, fouled on the exhuast studs, so I took them out, could bolt the manifold onto the head.. Waste gate runner is all wrong.. Shit..

Pondered my options, bolted my rr intake manifold on, Didn't realise they foul on the fucking fuse box, so I took that off and some random relays that sit under the fuse box (If anyone could tell me what these do, that'd be great, thanks.

Got here and gave up...

TBC.