Theft Deterrent System Question

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Should the red Anti-Theft light be flashing when I lock the door with the key?

Also, is there a keyless entry/arm and dis-arm option for an 87 from Toyota? I don't want an after market one. I want one that integrades with the existing system.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I thought it was only supposed to flash when you did the "Set" procedure. (Or, lock the door from the inside, and while closing the door hold up on the handle)

Sorry I can't tell you for sure, mine stopped working. LOL.

supraslo

Slaying Cobras
Jul 29, 2007
Burlington NC
www.myspace.com
the light does flash and the alarm is armed when using the key to lock the doors. and to disarm the alarm if it ever goes off unwantily, you need to lock both doors and unlock the passenger side door with the key to reset the alarm.

supraslo

Slaying Cobras
Jul 29, 2007
Burlington NC
www.myspace.com
as far as keyless alarms. I recommend a basic keyless unit from DEI. I know it isn't a factory system, but it is a factory system on almost every car on the road today. You can pick up a keyless system possibly even with a "Toyota" remote fairly cheap if you can find one on ebay or have your local stereo shop order one from a wholesale dealer. that is how I got mine.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
supraslo;911886 said:
as far as keyless alarms. I recommend a basic keyless unit from DEI. I know it isn't a factory system, but it is a factory system on almost every car on the road today. You can pick up a keyless system possibly even with a "Toyota" remote fairly cheap if you can find one on ebay or have your local stereo shop order one from a wholesale dealer. that is how I got mine.

Does it interact with the existing Anti-Theft system without problems? The last thing I want to do is creat problems. Mean what I know... :naughty:

Do you remember how much it cost?

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
it goes solid for a few seconds then blinks to show it has been activated. :)

at least in my N/A it does. i believe thats how they work.

i'd test it, just incase :p

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
CajunKenny;911910 said:
Does it interact with the existing Anti-Theft system without problems? The last thing I want to do is creat problems. Mean what I know... :naughty:

Do you remember how much it cost?

I went to hookedontronics.com and bought a Viper auto start system.
Then I went into the tech section here and searched. There was a poster setting up a group buy on Clifford Alarms between searching I had a complete idea of the wiring of the supra to integrate the install.

Remove factory alarm box and ground alarm wire to disable starter kill. For added protection add a hidden switch to this wire to kill the starter.
Introduce it to 8 pound sledge hammer (repeat at least twice for satisfaction)
get wiring the12volt.com OR search Supramania... You will find that removing the stick alarm gives you cool mounting options,

Its not that hard just set aside a weekend and have fun with it. It takes time and being upside down under the dash does get old but on a cold morning I love the sound of a warm supra...

V

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The easiest thing to do if you get an aftermarket alarm is disable the factory one.

The most common way to do so: Disconnect the switch at the hood latch, and ground the wire that goes to it. This tells the TDDS that the hood is open (Even if it isn't) so it never arms. Ever.

Then you can use the factory under-hood switch with your aftermarket alarm ;)

The cost of an aftermarket system will vary depending on what options you get with it. If you want remote keyless entry, trunk release, or other features, it will cost more. Particularly a qualified installer will charge you more to connect these features.