The "You might be a 7m owner if..." Thread

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
nick88;1458820 said:
Try it. I broke the 7m and haven't broken the jz in the same amount of time.

And the "It Lives!!!" link doesn't work in your sig.

Many broken JZ's here. I know of a guy with 5 broken 2J's lol

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
You might be a 7m owner if....

You go to a hardware store just to buy magnets, socket extenders, a new toolbox, flashlights, and dropcloths all for 30 mins. worth of working on the engine because you're tired of dropping tools in the 7m and not being able to reach anything, tired of being unable to get a ^&*% socket on a bolt halfway into the engine bay, can't see what you're doing for $#%$ because you have no illumination in the engine bay, ran out of space for your new tools and have to beg the wife to allow you to spend MORE money on the "other woman", and still trying to identify the "mystery liquid" that keeps appearing underneath your car after sitting for long periods.

Fun. My wife asked me what I wanted for the holidays. Out of all the dress clothes, Blu-rays, DVDs, and PS3 games I've looked at recently, the first damn words out of my mouth were...

"Mechanic's wrenches."

Might as well put a damned diamond ring on the Supra.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
i just had this same talk with the lady lol and the parents haha but im 1jzgte this falls more under you might be a supra owner not just 7m lol

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
o deff agree with you there im just talking in general as in needing tool lol i havent had a car to work on in years and when i did i didnt have tool then either

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
when you go thru 7 7m's thinking the next one will be better than the last, till u realize that you suck at life and convert to the dark side ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
1wickedA70;1458937 said:
when you go thru 7 7m's thinking the next one will be better than the last, till u realize that you suck at life and convert to the dark side ;)

Poodles;1458939 said:
Hint: it's not the motor ;)

^ HAHAHA 7? I say stay away from cars in general, ride a bike. (pedal bike)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
upgradedsupra;1458927 said:
How is that a burn? Need a better response than that. ;)

Ok, fine.

You might be a 7m owner if...
The people at the local parts store know you by name
You memorized the TSRM
You buy more than one MHG
You keep a spare HG, bearings and coolant in your trunk
You list a MHG as a mod
You lose to a BPU 1jz, and think of swapping
You make fun of the 1jz guys for having less displacement and glass turbos, because you need to feel better about your BHG supra at home.
You smell something sweet when idling your car, and break out the compression check equipment.
When you have to spend thousands of dollars to make your car as stout as a jz block, just to put a 57 trim on it.