The thing I hate the most about supras/my supra is.......

Red92Turbo

1of1193
Nov 26, 2007
Trenton
JtWo;1031294 said:
I hate it when I tell people I have a supra, and they think it's a mkiv. then they see it and are like "oh..."

I know this feeling, it was funny to read actually...lol. I think a lot of younger guys automatically expect something from The Fast & the Furious.

shaeff;1031385 said:
I hate the new generation of super cheap owners, who feel their entitled to respect when they come around shooting off their mouths like know-it-alls, dissing all the well respected owners and enthusiasts, then crying for help when their shit breaks.

Then they have the audacity to bitch that nobody helps them or replies to their threads and that their car is their daily driver, and that they're ENTITLED to our help. Heh... riiight...

Where did all this originate? Mind you I don't read %100 of the posts on the site. But is there a trend starting?

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
shaeff;1031385 said:
I hate the new generation of super cheap owners, who feel their entitled to respect when they come around shooting off their mouths like know-it-alls, dissing all the well respected owners and enthusiasts, then crying for help when their shit breaks.

Then they have the audacity to bitch that nobody helps them or replies to their threads and that their car is their daily driver, and that they're ENTITLED to our help. Heh... riiight...

Hey! You helped me and didnt even know it!

neener neener neener!

So did a lot of other folks.. its much appreciated though.

V

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Red92Turbo;1035593 said:
I know this feeling, it was funny to read actually...lol. I think a lot of younger guys automatically expect something from The Fast & the Furious.

Where did all this originate? Mind you I don't read %100 of the posts on the site. But is there a trend starting?

Well, yes and no. As I see it, we get some kids buying up dilapidated MKIII's, putting an intake, exhaust, and boost controller on it, and complaining about how much of a P.O.S. their car is. Gee, I wonder why!? Half of them don't actually maintain the car before they modify it.

I don't read 100% of the posts on this site either, but being a Moderator, you have to deal with kids who have a sense of entitlement. They feel that since they own a car that's similar to our own, that we are absolutely required to spoon feed them information. That's not how I roll.

I'll give answers, but if the person is completely oblivious, doesn't care about the community, and just wants answers, it's just not going to happen. I'll help provoke their thoughts, maybe nudge them in the right direction, but I won't give them answers outright. It originated when their parents did a terrible job raising them, and didn't instill good values upon their children.

vdragonmpc;1035678 said:
Hey! You helped me and didnt even know it!
neener neener neener!
So did a lot of other folks.. its much appreciated though.

V

That's great. That's why I'm here. But if you showed up with that "you owe me" attitude just because you own a car that's like mine, then have fun helping yourself. ;) (And no, that's not actually directed at you.)

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
Clueless;1036069 said:
I like the 89+ front bumper and the pre89 tails....especially on a midnight blue mk3. I'm thinking about eliminating my wings as well...

yeah i like it with blue but mine is red so i went 91 tail lights on mine but i left the pre 89 bumper.... love the 91/92 mirrors

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I dislike that it weighs 3,550! That Toyota didn't see fit to locate more of the engine behind the front wheels, giving the Supra better weight distribution. Van

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Weight distribution is fine....if you don't toss the spare tire and jack out.

It's heavy because it's a luxury GT car.

The pre-89 front bumper is iffy with me. I like it on some cars, but the 89+ has better airflow from a performance perspective...

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
So, are we starting a new thread?
This thread is about what "I hate the most about my Supra". Right? Or, am I missing the point? I thought it was being offered to us to have our feelings validated... :nono: Sheeeit! Van

Poodles;1036605 said:
Weight distribution is fine....if you don't toss the spare tire and jack out.

It's heavy because it's a luxury GT car.

The pre-89 front bumper is iffy with me. I like it on some cars, but the 89+ has better airflow from a performance perspective...