The thing I hate the most about supras/my supra is.......

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Nocheez;1029239 said:
Put a jack (even a scissor jack) under the crank pulley with a block of wood (about a foot long 2x4 works well) and jack the front end of the motor up. The rear will dip downwards and make it much easier to get to those bolts.
You don't really do that do you? I mean on the crank pulley, you're going to lift the motor with the motor mounts connected to have the rear tip down when a couple of extensions and swivel works. Not to mention the possiblities of tearing the motor mounts, messing up the pulley, and the front main bearing and seal.:3d_frown:

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
AJ'S 88NA;1029773 said:
You don't really do that do you? I mean on the crank pulley, you're going to lift the motor with the motor mounts connected to have the rear tip down when a couple of extensions and swivel works. Not to mention the possiblities of tearing the motor mounts, messing up the pulley, and the front main bearing and seal.:3d_frown:

Worked like a charm. You don't have to crank the shit out of it, just lightly tip it up an in or so.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
wow! I'm surprised noone said it. I HATE the BHG. After its fixed, you just keep upgrading. Its more expensive then my wife. :naughty: lol

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I hate that a rear-facing baby capsule won't fit :( I have to drive an 89 VN Commodore till Chloe fits in a front-facing seat :(

Oh, and my stupid hatch rubbers are starting to go... The rattle is so annoying!!!!

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
I hate the fact that I just can't seem to grow up and walk away.

I hate the fact that I have to get this and I have to get that.

I hate the fact that I will only get a fraction of my money back when sold.

I enjoy this community, this forum, those that are making parts to keep them alive, and alot of the people I have met.

I enjoy the looks people give it with an occasional thumbs up or kind comment.

I enjoy the satisfaction of "doing it myself".

I guess for me, anyone can go out and finance a new car and make payments for the next XX months, to me, I think I would be losing my identity--a piece of me, and just joining the masses. It's kinda cool to have a good looking car that I think will be timeless and revered maybe not as a classic, but as one of the good ones.

And besides, what would I do if I didn't have the supra to tinker with?

Just some thoughts,

Wayne

Red92Turbo

1of1193
Nov 26, 2007
Trenton
The fact that I bought a very clean and stock 1992 Supra, and I am having a real hard time not doing things to it to make it "mine" for fear of "ruining" it. I'm not sure if I can keep it up....

It's in my nature and love for cars to tinker and try to make cars more appealing and more to what "I think" they should have come like from the factory.

ninja6o4

Apr 29, 2008
Surrey, BC
I hate that I lost my Red 90T to an incapable driver making a blind left turn into me :(

And now I don't have the heart or the time to built up a Teal 92T hardtop that I bought..

Who

Supramania Contributor
aadsen;1029887 said:
wow! I'm surprised noone said it. I HATE the BHG. After its fixed, you just keep upgrading. Its more expensive then my wife. :naughty: lol

Ok I will say it. "That BHG.." Mine is still stock but everytime I mash on the gas it crosses my mind.
I also hate the fact that the head gasket bolts are loose, the valve cover bolts are always getting loose, but every other nut / bolt underneath the hood needs a breaker bar to bust it free.
I also hate the fact that I watch the temperature guage more than the road in front of me.:aigo:

ninja6o4

Apr 29, 2008
Surrey, BC
theWeezL;1030039 said:
give it to me, I have both the heart and the time :naughty:

Once I get the final papers for it I will be posting it FS on sf.com .. (but not here - too noob)

I really wanted to start another project but I made the fatal mistake of calculating what I needed/$ to do what I wanted to it :3d_frown:

Actually, that's another thing I hate about supras/cars in general ... $$$ for mods :nono: