***The Teal Supras Thread***

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Nocheez;1034500 said:
Update, new wheels and now a 5-speed transmission. I'd like to think that many people on here would kill for this car now :)

Looks very clean, although I have to say the exhaust is a little funky looking. =P I'm also anal about not painting the moldings and tow hooks, but don't listen to me, I'm super picky.

-Ray

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
SupraBlur;1034530 said:
Looks very clean, although I have to say the exhaust is a little funky looking. =P I'm also anal about not painting the moldings and tow hooks, but don't listen to me, I'm super picky.

-Ray

Exhaust is custom built by my brother, with ultimate performance in mind. I don't care for the huge-ass canisters hanging off the back of the car.

The mouldings come painted from the factory (Or do you mean the lettering? I think it looks good painted but may repaint the lettering sometime in the future). Couldn't say about the tow-hooks, never really noticed.

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Nocheez;1034703 said:
Exhaust is custom built by my brother, with ultimate performance in mind. I don't care for the huge-ass canisters hanging off the back of the car.

The mouldings come painted from the factory (Or do you mean the lettering? I think it looks good painted but may repaint the lettering sometime in the future). Couldn't say about the tow-hooks, never really noticed.

Referring to the whole molding including the lettering. You can tell by the texture that it's been painted. Tow hooks are normally black, so it kind of suggests that the whole car has been repainted. Not trying to bust balls but you're kind of asking for it when you say "I'd like to think that many people on here would kill for this car now" All in good fun! Teal pride....

-Ray

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
SupraBlur;1034917 said:
Referring to the whole molding including the lettering. You can tell by the texture that it's been painted. Tow hooks are normally black, so it kind of suggests that the whole car has been repainted. Not trying to bust balls but you're kind of asking for it when you say "I'd like to think that many people on here would kill for this car now" All in good fun! Teal pride....

-Ray

Yeah, thanks for taking the wind out of my sails :(

But the tow hooks thing was bothering me so I checked my old pictures from before the car was painted and the tow hooks were teal back then.

I know the car isn't perfect, but I wasn't going to spend $5000 on a paint job for a car that's isn't a garage queen. At least it looks better than 99% of MK3's that are still on the road, I guess :)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Here is mine ...picture finally after getting it runnng and washing. Hope to get it clay bar'd and waxed this week :

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1040514_1.jpg

p1040514_2.jpg

7M-GTEric

Sep 27, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Well, since I'm a few thousand miles away from my car, this is unfortunately the only pic I've got of her-chalk the quality up to my dad's lack of concern for my request of a good picture of my baby haha. Better pics in a month or so...

dlq0xe.jpg

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
SupraBlur;1134312 said:
We should start a registry for these things. I've been messing around with mk3's since 1996, and I've still seen less than 10 teal ones.

-Ray

we should,
There are two of them on my driveway same year, same options except one is now 5speed 1.5jz instead of the 7mgte/auto :biglaugh:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
suprastanger507mgte;1134319 said:
we should,
There are two of them on my driveway same year, same options except one is now 5speed 1.5jz instead of the 7mgte/auto :biglaugh:

yeah we should, ive only seen one locally and its mine!! haha these are the least common colored cars out there! and we've got them :evil2: