The T66 E85 Drag Car Build Thread

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
The car is a 1988 N/a Supra. The car originally started out as a package deal for this car and a 1987 blue turbo Supra.

My Father and I decided to make the car into a drag car. At the same time I had a 1990 Supra that was originally na also that I swapped a jdm 7mgte into along with other bpu mods. Well I ended up decided to part out the 90 Supra. I took some the parts of the 90 Supra and moved them to the drag car build. So we took the 7mgte out of the 1987 Blue Supra. We then took the block to Performance Motorsports here in Cincinnati to have the hot tank and remove the paint. We then painted the block.

We decide we were going use a th400 trans. We took the car Shane at Nolden Motors in Dayton to do some of the prep work. He removed all of the ac components and swapped out the 4.30 diff for a 3.92 lsd diff. He also made the trans mount and made a custom driveshaft to work with the th400. We then returned the block to Performance Motorsports to have them build the bottom end.
The block has the following:
Wiseco Pistons
Eagle rods
Arp main studs
Clevite bearings
7m Crank
New shimmed Toyota oil pump
The block was bored and honed with a torque plate
decked

We bought a th400 out of a Chevy Suburban. The th400 was built with the following components:
TCI 32 element sprag
J&W transbrake
Moroso Pan
new clutches & steals
new bushings
new snap rings
big trans cooler

We then found turbonetics T66 turbo for cheap.

ATI Super Damper:

AEM EMS:

ID 1000cc injectors:

Pile of random parts:

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
87mk111;1701082 said:
this looks like a nice build, good to see someone repping ohio in the build section. good luck with it sir.

For a while I was looking at buying another Supra but I decided on just sticking with building this car.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Currently waiting for billet stg. 2 SIP Racing cams & HKS stopper headgasket. Porting on the head is finished I should be taking the head up for new valve seats soon.
Kirkey Seat:

Big Ebay Intercooler: