the t3d's FIRST "Performance before Appearance" BUILD THREAD!

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
OK! i figured how to upload everthing. so, ill be posting the video of the FIRST start up and then an open downpipe start up. and some pics of how it looks now.

-t3d

EDIT!
beware.....i'm a skinny bastard!

I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!!!!! =0(

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
PICS FIRST!

this is the turbo insulation cover that i tried to put together
p1289367_1.jpg

p1289367_2.jpg

p1289367_3.jpg

haha didn't work too well. good thing it was only like $30 bucks. i'm just going to get a turbo blanket
p1289367_4.jpg

just a couple engine shots :biglaugh:
p1289367_5.jpg

p1289367_6.jpg

ok so here is the FIRST START UP video. this thing has not started since Oct. 15th of 2007. so, you can just imagine how nervous i was.

ok....i'm skinny and attractive so deal with it. i'm NOT ghetto! the beater and basketball shorts are strictly for summer heat and me being lazy :evil2:

if it doesn't work...be sure to let me know!

and here is the video of me starting it up to see if tranny is fucked with the car running(girlfriend filming, open DP) ENJOY!

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! ENJOY!

-t3d

Ryan

Mar 22, 2009
Waterford
Nice!
Wish I could do this. Im officially subscribed in the false hope that one day I will use it as a reference. Good luck with the tranny and keep the pictures and videos coming

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
With this much money in the motor, why not also go standalone ECU or at least speed density? Not that what you're doing isn't good, just curious.

Edit: And, atmosphere blow off valve with AFM?

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
87witmoreboost;1289423 said:
With this much money in the motor, why not also go standalone ECU or at least speed density? Not that what you're doing isn't good, just curious.

Edit: And, atmosphere blow off valve with AFM?

i'm eventually going to a standalone, but right now i'm gonna see how all this goes.

is it bad to have an atmospheric BOV with an AFM?

-t3d

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
the t3d;1289745 said:
i'm eventually going to a standalone, but right now i'm gonna see how all this goes.

is it bad to have an atmospheric BOV with an AFM?

-t3d

That question is prob the most widely asked question on this forum... I'd guess. AFM sees that air that you blow off so your ECU added fuel for it. When you shift you'll run rich, backfire, and maybe stall.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
87witmoreboost;1289775 said:
That question is prob the most widely asked question on this forum... I'd guess. AFM sees that air that you blow off so your ECU added fuel for it. When you shift you'll run rich, backfire, and maybe stall.

bullshit! i had a greddy type s vented for YEARS!!!!!!!!! wit hthe maf installed. stock and when i went maft. never had an issue once i had it adjusted correctly. never backfired or stalled.

now i have a tial knockoff and am standalone.

btw, as for f&h, i thought they sent all the r154's they needed rebuilt to marlin crawler? i guess they just collect a fee for handling the shipping for you.

p.s. you skinny bastard. lol. i think my forearms are as big as your biceps. :sarcasm:

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
williamb82;1289826 said:
bullshit! i had a greddy type s vented for YEARS!!!!!!!!! wit hthe maf installed. stock and when i went maft. never had an issue once i had it adjusted correctly. never backfired or stalled.

now i have a tial knockoff and am standalone.

btw, as for f&h, i thought they sent all the r154's they needed rebuilt to marlin crawler? i guess they just collect a fee for handling the shipping for you.

p.s. you skinny bastard. lol. i think my forearms are as big as your biceps. :sarcasm:

The bottom line is this: Adjusted well or not, every bit of air that you blow off was accounted for and whether you stall or not, you run rich.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
87witmoreboost;1289897 said:
The bottom line is this: Adjusted well or not, every bit of air that you blow off was accounted for and whether you stall or not, you run rich.

wrong. when you let off the throttle the ecm cuts fuel till a designated rpm. the fuel isnt recalculated untill that rpm or the tps % increases again.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
williamb82;1289935 said:
wrong. when you let off the throttle the ecm cuts fuel till a designated rpm. the fuel isnt recalculated untill that rpm or the tps % increases again.

Nope. Look at your wideband when you shift.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
87witmoreboost;1289978 said:
Nope. Look at your wideband when you shift.

yup, it goes full lean, same as the 5m in a mk2. hook up an injector pulse monitor and run full boost in 3rd then let off and watch, 0 pulse till the rpm reachs the set point. dont recall the rpm now but thats how it works. ge and gte

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
hey hey hey! so it's been two weeks now this saturday, so i'll be making a phone call to see if my tranny is done. i'll be sure to let everyone know

-t3d

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
Zumtizzle;1307619 said:
Looking good. (the car) ;)

Oo0oOo0o0000000HHHHHhhh!!!

glad to see it come alive though man! every time i view this thread i get that 'im blue dabudee dabudai' song stuck in my head hahaha

ted your blue engine bay is beautiful though

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
haha THANKS everyone. i know it's been awhile since i have updated this thing, BUT i have done ALOT since. i've taken alot of pictures and i will be posting them up shortly.

the main thing is...
i'll be driving the supra for the first time tomorrow...ever! my baby has not been driven since mid Oct. of 2007. yea i know...i'm a slacker. i'm going to double check everything and put it my straight 30W oil and fill it up with coolant. if all goes well, i'll be breaking it in properly.
right now she's up on 4 jack stands haha. tomorrow will be a big day for me. VIDEOS will be made and posted up as well =0)

-t3d